Grain-free Pumpkin Waffles
Easiest ever, Grain-free Pumpkin Waffles- you won’t even dirty a bowl, just use your blender or food processor to mix up all of the “real” ingredients. These pumpkin waffles pack a major pumpkin spice punch and they will leave your house smelling amazing.
The pumpkin recipes on the blog are some of my most viewed posts and pumpkin something always comes up as search terms that bring readers to HHG. I’ve got oatmeal pumpkin muffins, spelt flour pumpkin muffins, chocolate chip pumpkin bread, dairy-free pumpkin spice coffee creamer and flourless pumpkin pancakes, but no pumpkin waffles. If you’ve been reading very long, you’re well aware that waffles are my VERY favorite breakfast food. So, it was time to share a pumpkin waffle recipe, stat.
I created several variations of this grain-free pumpkin waffle recipe, this weekend, until these waffles were grain-free with the best possible taste and texture. I started off using too much coconut flour and the waffles were too dry- coconut flour is so finicky. I also started off without the banana, but the waffles weren’t sweet enough. I really wanted to avoid adding honey or maple syrup to the actual batter, so I tried bananas. Don’t worry if you’re not a banana fan; these waffles don’t have that banana flavor- the pumpkin spice totally takes over. I also tried 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, but there wasn’t enough pumpkin flavor. One tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice was so perfect!
Speaking of pumpkin pie spice; I know sometimes this spice can be a little tricky to find. No problemo! For 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, combine 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon allspice or cloves.
I’ve included nutritional info below the recipe. Remember, though- nutritional information and amount of servings are calculated based on the size of waffle that my waffle maker produces; which is a very large and thick Belgian-style waffle. If you would like to recreate the nutritional info using the amount of servings your waffle-maker produces; SparkRecipe Calculator is a great source.
Grain-free Pumpkin Waffles
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, or 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon allspice or cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive or melted coconut oil
- 2 ripe, medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup almond milk or other preferred milk
- Preferred toppings for serving
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with a natural cooking spray.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth. Add dry ingredients to blender and blend until well combined.
- Continue to spoon out and spread batter over waffle iron until you have cooked all waffles. To keep cooked waffles warm, while cooking all waffles, heat oven to 200 degrees F. and place cooked waffles in the oven.
- Top with maple syrup, almond butter, honey, jam, fresh fruit, chopped nuts and/or chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Fellow pumpkin lova? Check out some of my favorite pumpkin recipes, on the blog!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite way to get your pumpkin on?
What’s your VERY favorite breakfast food?
Do you have a waffle maker? This waffle maker (<— affiliate link) is similar to the one I use and love.
Hope the start to your week is absolutely mauvelous, dahling!