Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
I cannot get enough of these soft ooey gooey Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. Let’s just say these pumpkin cookies are slightly addicting- you definitely can’t just have one. They’re pretty healthy, though, so that’s okay!
As you can see, I decided to go ahead and jump on the pumpkin bandwagon. Everybody else was doing it… peer pressure… what’s a girl to do? The truth is, I’ve been craving these pumpkin cookies for quite sometime. I first made these two years ago and not only did I want to satisfy my craving, but I also wanted to update the photos and tweak the recipe a bit. Feel free to share these with all your friends, too, (if there’s any left) because they’re kid-friendly, gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats gluten-free if desired
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut I used finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice if you don’t have this, sub in cinnamon
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons 100% raw local honey if vegan, substitute with 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil other oils would work, applesauce could also be substituted, although results may vary with this substitution
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life brand, which are vegan and gluten-free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare baking sheet with a non-stick spray or oil.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium to large bowl.
- Stir in wet ingredients and then chocolate chips.
- Spoon out 1-2 tablespoons cookie batter on baking sheet. For a flatter cookie, press batter down and shape with fingers.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- After baking allow cookies to cool for about 10 mins and then transfer them onto a cooling rack and cool completely. They are very soft and if you don’t allow them to cool completely they will crumble.
for one cookie
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 7.3 g
Saturated Fat 5.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 2.2 mg
Potassium 2.6 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 1.3 g
Something to think about….
Are you a pumpkin fan?
Have you jumped on the pumpkin bandwagon yet? If so, what have you made?
Do you prefer your cookies more soft or crispy? I’m a soft cookie fan all the way!
Hope you’re having a great weekend!