Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
I cannot get enough of these soft ooey gooey Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. Let’s just say these pumpkin cookies are slightly addicting- you definitely can’t just have one. They’re pretty healthy, though, so that’s okay!
As you can see, I decided to go ahead and jump on the pumpkin bandwagon. Everybody else was doing it… peer pressure… what’s a girl to do? The truth is, I’ve been craving these pumpkin cookies for quite sometime. I first made these two years ago and not only did I want to satisfy my craving, but I also wanted to update the photos and tweak the recipe a bit. Feel free to share these with all your friends, too, (if there’s any left) because they’re kid-friendly, gluten-free and vegan.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies (vegan & gluten-free)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free if desired
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, I used finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, if you don’t have this, sub in cinnamon
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons 100% raw local honey, if vegan, substitute with 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, other oils would work, applesauce could also be substituted, although results may vary with this substitution
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, I use Enjoy Life brand, which are vegan and gluten-free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare baking sheet with a non-stick spray or oil.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium to large bowl.
- Stir in wet ingredients and then chocolate chips.
- Spoon out 1-2 tablespoons cookie batter on baking sheet. For a flatter cookie, press batter down and shape with fingers.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- After baking allow cookies to cool for about 10 mins and then transfer them onto a cooling rack and cool completely. They are very soft and if you don’t allow them to cool completely they will crumble.
for one cookie 17 Servings Amount Per Serving Calories 116.6 Total Fat 7.3 g Saturated Fat 5.1 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g Monounsaturated Fat 0.2 g Cholesterol 0.0 mg Sodium 2.2 mg Potassium 2.6 mg Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g Dietary Fiber 1.6 g Sugars 7.8 g Protein 1.3 g
Something to think about….
Are you a pumpkin fan?
Have you jumped on the pumpkin bandwagon yet? If so, what have you made?
Do you prefer your cookies more soft or crispy? I’m a soft cookie fan all the way!
Hope you’re having a great weekend!