Quick and Easy Bacon Granola- the most over-the-top delicious combo of sweet and salty!
You guys will not believe how completely easy peasy this bacon granola is to throw together. Don’t even worry about firing up the oven and there’s no waiting 30 minutes or more to devour a yummy breakfast. This bacon granola is ready-to-go in less than 10 minutes. Bam!
Experiment with the ingredients to make it your own, but don’t touch that bacon! Try adding dried fruit, shredded coconut, different seasoning and/or your favorite nut. I have to say, though, you may regret using something other than the Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Dark Chocolate Almonds. So good!
The flavors… there are just no words. Bacon, maple syrup, cinnamon and dark chocolate almonds… yes, please! I will give you a fair warning- be very careful around this bacon granola. I’ve been suspected of lacing it with crack… yes, it’s that addicting!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups old fashioned oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- ½ cup almonds, coarsely chopped (I used Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Dark Chocolate Almonds)
- 2 strips cooked and cooled bacon, crumbled or finely chopped (I used a variety of turkey bacon with no nitrates or antibiotics)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until desired doneness.
- Lower heat to medium and in the same skillet, melt coconut oil. Quickly stir in pure maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add oats and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add almonds and bacon and cook for 1-2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let granola sit for 1-2 minutes, letting it cool and become crunchy.
- Store in an airtight container or serve immediately over warm oatmeal, yogurt, with milk or just alone. Enjoy!
What would we do without Blue Diamond Almonds coming out with fun almond flavor varieties all of the time?!?!
Looking for more granola yumminess? Look no further!
Have you ever made your own granola? What are your favorite add-ins?
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.