Super Simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
Happy weekend, friends! Hope everyone has a fun or just a really relaxing weekend planned. This is the first weekend in awhile that I have absolutely nothing planned and looking ahead it will be the last one for awhile, so I’m going to enjoy every minute of lounging around and taking it easy. I wanted to pop in today with a really simple tasty granola recipe, Super Simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola.
There is really no reason to buy granola. For one thing, store-bought granola can be way overpriced and contain questionable ingredients. The much safer and delicious option is to make your own. This particular recipe is super adaptable. I kept the ingredients pretty simple, so that you can either keep it simple or add in some of your favorite extras.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats gluten-free if desired
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or other nut butter crunchy or smooth works
- 1/4 cup honey maple syrup for vegan
- 1/4 cup coconut oil can use other oil, important to give granola crunch
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. and prepare a baking sheet with foil and a natural cooking spray.
- Combine oats, shredded coconut and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat peanut butter, honey and coconut oil over medium-low heat in a small saucepan. Once heated and combined, stir in vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into dry oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread oat/peanut butter mixture over baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. *Be careful not to burn!
- Allow granola to cool for about 20 minutes and then add chocolate chips, if desired.
This Super Simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola would be great with added banana chips, dried fruit, and/or nuts. I’ve really been enjoying a few sprinkles of this granola over my oatmeal. It’s also great in almond milk with fresh fruit and a drizzle of nut butter! And don’t worry if you have peanut allergies or prefer almond butter, any nut or seed butter will work.
Something to think about…..
Whatcha up to this weekend?
Have you ever made your own granola? If not, I have a few other granola recipes on the blog. Check them out!
Paleo Flax Granola– personal favorite
Quinoa Pumpkin Seed Granola– reader favorite
Enjoy the rest of your weekend to the fullest!