What I Ate Wednesday: Breakfast Love & Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola
Hello! It’s WIAW day and we’re talking ALL breakfast foods, today.
My meal-planning always revolves around my favorite meal of the day- breakfast. This week was no exception, especially with National Waffle Day, on Sunday, and then I went and made Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola. Oh, geez… breakfast, snack, dessert- I haven’t been able to stay out of the stuff. Luckily it’s very low in sugar and actually pretty darn nutritious– much more so than store-bought and tastier too!
If you follow on Instagram; you may have seen that, yesterday, I enjoyed apple cinnamon oatmeal topped with this Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola. Can you tell that I’m dreaming of Fall? Anyone else ready for the seasons to change? With triple digits all week, in Texas, I’m definitely ready for a change!
Speaking of those triple digits; I’ve been blending up plenty of Breakfast Frappuccinos. If you’re a fan of frappes, but have never made your own, it’s seriously a must try. So easy, so much healthier and cheaper!
That banana bread, pictured above, was also devoured in a matter of 2 days. It might just be my favorite bread recipe, yet. I’ll be sharing tomorrow. 😉
This Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola recipe is simple, delicious and lower in calories than most granola. I didn’t add any nuts to keep it kid and allergy-friendly. I also only added a small amount of honey and coconut oil. I would really recommend adding the little bit of coconut oil that the recipe calls for, to give the oats a little crunch. Chewy with a bit of crunch- just like the perfect Oatmeal Raisin Cookie!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/3 cup honey, use maple syrup or brown sugar, if vegan
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (other oils will work)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins, these will be added in after cooking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients (not raisins) in a large bowl, then stir in wet ingredients to cover oats well.
- Spread granola mixture evenly over a large baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake granola for 15 minutes, then take out of oven and stir mixture. Bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool for about 15 minutes before stirring in raisins. Store in an airtight container for several weeks. I use a mason jar.
For more What I Ate Wednesday shenanigans, head on over to Jenn’s blog and check them all out!
Something to think about….
What have you been enjoying for breakfast, lately?
Have you ever made your own granola? What flavor?
How’s your week going? Are you looking forward to anything coming up this weekend?
Be sure to enter my Van’s giveaway!