Buckwheat Protein Waffles
I have a new favorite waffle! If you’ve been reading long, you know I’m pretty fond of my waffle maker and the deliciousness it produces. I can’t stop, don’t want to stop, have no reason to stop eating these Buckwheat Protein Waffles. They’re so easy, they have the perfect texture- crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and they pack a major protein punch!
These waffles are made healthy with buckwheat flour, applesauce instead of oil and get a kick of protein by using one full Premier Protein Shake instead of regular milk. I used the vanilla flavored Premier Protein shake and my Buckwheat Protein Waffles had such a fabulous flavor. Feel free to mix it up… I bet the strawberry & cream flavored shake would be wonderful in this mix.
Premier Protein Shakes have some great benefits-
- 30g Protein – including all the essential amino acids
- 160 calories
- 1g Sugar
- Low fat
- 24 vitamins and minerals
- An excellent source of calcium
Buckwheat Protein Waffles
- 1 1/4 cup buckwheat pancake/waffle mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Premier Protein Shake, any flavor will work, I used vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients and stir to combine. Heat waffle iron and spray it with a non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter onto the waffle iron in batches until all of the batter is gone.
- I have a large Belgian waffle iron and was able to make 3 full and 1 smaller waffle.
- Enjoy... I know you will!
Not only does Premier Protein make some really tasty protein shakes, they also have a great line of fiber and protein bars. I’m absolutely loving this Peanut Butter Caramel Fiber bar! Peanut butter and caramel is an awesome flavor combination and the fact that it contains 15 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber makes it a great pre or post-workout snack. It definitely gave me plenty of fuel to get in a kick butt leg workout at the gym, yesterday!
I’m definitely looking forward to trying these Premier Protein Bars, below, with some MAJOR protein- 30 grams!
The lovely people at Premier Protein are giving my lovely readers the chance to win some protein goodies. Three lucky winners will get their very own Premier Protein Shake samples… so you can make these delicious Buckwheat Protein Waffles, too!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried Premier Protein Shakes? They’re VERY tasty! #MyGoodEnergy #TeamPremier
How about the bars? My favorite is the Peanut Butter Caramel Fiber bars.
#Sponsored: I’m required to disclose a relationship between my site and Premier Protein. This could include Premier Protein providing me w/content, product, access or other forms of payment or compensation.