Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup
Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup has a lovely depth, is slightly sweet from the sweet potatoes and lusciously creamy from the roasted cauliflower. The perfect light lunch or dinner that accommodates any special diet; vegan, gluten-free and allergy-friendly!
I simply cannot eat enough soup and chili these days. I guess being iced and snowed in for days on end will do that to you! After being iced in for three days, we arrive at school on Friday, only to be told an hour later to go home. Let me tell you, driving home on heavy snow-filled roads is NOT fun. Luckily, being home all day on Friday did give me plenty of time to create this fantabulous roasted cauliflower sweet potato soup recipe! And I really can’t think of a better meal to enjoy on a snow day!
The combination of Blue Diamond Almond Breeze almond milk, roasted cauliflower and roasted chickpeas make for a creamy, rich, hearty, silky soup. It’s naturally made vegan and dairy-free by substituting dairy-based cream for the Almond Breeze almond milk. From coffee to smoothies to soups, Almond Breeze almond milk is my pick for adding the perfect amount of creamy deliciousness!
Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (a carrot peeler works great for peeling)
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- optional garnish: additional salt and pepper, reserved roasted cauliflower/chickpea mix, red pepper flakes, cooked diced bacon, minced chives
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. and prepare a large baking sheet with a Silpat mat, foil or cooking spray.
- Toss cauliflower florets, chickpeas and garlic in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and paprika. Transfer mixture to a baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees F. for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Reserve 1/2-3/4 cup cauliflower/chickpea mixture for garnish (more chickpeas than cauliflower).
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add cubed potato and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable broth and increase heat to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and simmer uncovered until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and add roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and almond milk; stir to combine.
- Puree the soup until smooth using an immersion blender or transfer soup to food processor or blender (working in batches, as needed). All of this recipe fit in my Vitamix.
- Return soup to pot and gently rewarm. Season to taste with salt and pepper. I used about 1 teaspoon more of salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. Serve with desired garnish and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Something to think about….
Have you been iced/snowed in this season? It’s actually kind of nice to have extra time to get things done around the house, but then the cabin fever sets in… ha!
What kind of foods are your favorite to enjoy on cold snowy days? Soups and chili, for me, for sure!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
This dish is a family fave. Interestingly enough, the first time I made it, it was too thick to be a soup. However, instead of thinning it with more liquid, I left it as-is. It became one of my family’s favorite side dishes. We call it “Cauliflower Sweet Potato Puree”.
That’s awesome! Thanks so much for taking time to comment!
Made this last night DELICIOUS!!!! I added a chopped onion when browning the sweat potatoe. Great combination of flavors.
I’m so glad you loved it!!! Thanks so much for your comment!
Delicious soup! Great recipe, thank you!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for your comment!
Those are two of my favorite flavors– and I am loving soup right now.. so warm and comforting.
Me too! Love how both cauliflower and sweet potatoes make everything so creamy.
Mmmmm a few of my favorite things!