Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix Donuts
Deliciously sweet with loads of protein and incredibly easy to whip up, Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix Donuts made with About Time protein pancake mix are quickly becoming my favorite breakfast food.
Who knew that pancake mix would totally work to make scrumptious donuts with the most perfect springy texture?!?! And choose the right pancake mix, like About Time, and you’ve got yourself a donut that’s full of protein and actually nutritious!
About Time protein pancake mix comes in two wonderful flavors, Chocolate Chip and Cinnamon Spice, (yes, I’ve tried both) with a whopping 21 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber per serving. Whether you recreate these Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix Donuts or you use the About Time protein pancake mix to make pancakes or waffles (yes, tried that too) your body will be fueled to take on the day or whatever challenging workout you’ve got planned.
It’s important to start your day off right and with About Time whole grain protein pancake mix, there’s no guilt in enjoying pancakes… or donuts for breakfast! About Time protein pancake mixes are a blend of gluten free oats, flax meal, buttermilk and naturally sweetened with Stevia. Each serving contains 290 calories of incredible flavor and heart healthy ingredients. So easy too- for the pancakes, simply mix the dry mix with water- stir and pour on your griddle.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or regular sugar
- 1-1/4 cup About Time Chocolate Chip Protein Pancake Mix any pancake mix will work
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚ F.
- Combine egg, almond milk, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and sugar in a large bowl. Add in pancake mix and baking powder, stir until blended.
- Spoon batter into a liberally greased donut pan(nonstick spray works fine). Divide equally to create 12 donuts- batter should fill donut molds to the center (but not cover it).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Let donuts cool for about 5 minutes before removing them from the donut pan. You may need to use a knife to remove each donut from the pan. Enjoy!
I haven't tried it, but I think these would work as muffins. You'll just want to increase your baking time to 22-25 minutes.
Also, super tasty crumbled in my ProHydrate Green Smoothie, as seen above. ProHydrate is another fabulous About Time product. You can read all about this flavorful protein water and get the recipe for my ProHydrate Raspberry Lemon Smoothie by clicking the link.
For a limited time, About Time is offering you guys 25% off your entire purchase. At checkout, enter promo code fitfluential.
Don’t miss the About Time twitter chat on June 16 at 9 pm Et.
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried any of About Time products?
Have you ever used a pancake mix to create a totally different baked good?
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of About Time.