Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Salmon and Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
This salad, y’all… I’m just so in love with it! Shredded brussels sprouts salad mixed with a lovely maple balsamic vinaigrette and topped with pan-seared salmon- crispy, crunchy and bursting with fresh sweet and savory flavors.
I made this shredded brussels sprouts salad for the first time last weekend and I have plans to recreate the deliciousness today. I’ll admit, I was a little stingy and kept the whole thing to myself. I divided portions of the salmon and portions of the salad to eat throughout the week. It sure made lunch-packing super easy.
I’m loosely following the 21 Day Fix meal plan and using the appropriate containers that come with the meal plan. So, I divided the salmon into 3/4 cup servings and the salad into 1 cup servings. I realize some people aren’t into eating fish leftover, but I promise this salmon is so delicious and combined with the salad it’s really good leftover. Heat it up if you prefer, but I like it just fine at room temperature.
I’m seriously smitten with this salad meal. It’s….
Loaded with healthy fats and protein
and packed with texture!
Try it, you’ll
like love it!
- For the salad:
- 12 oz. brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 apple chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds arils or dried craisins
- For the salmon:
- 4 4 oz. salmon fillets
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea or Himalayan salt
- For the maple balsamic vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Wash the brussels sprouts thoroughly. Cut off the core and then slice them as thin as you can.
- Combine shredded brussels sprouts with all other salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- For the salmon, brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil then season liberally with salt & pepper. Place the salmon skin side down in an oil-brushed skillet over medium-high heat then cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the salmon then peel off the skin** and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Once the salmon is cooked through remove to plate, lined with a paper towel.
- While salmon is cooking, you can mix all vinaigrette ingredients with in a small jar with lid. Simply put the lid on the jar and shake to thoroughly combine.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine. Serve salad in 4 large bowls and top each salad with a salmon filet. Add salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!
*Salad recipe makes 6 cups.
**This method of cooking the salmon skin then peeling it off is MUCH easier than trying to get it off while raw.
If you’re looking for other shredded brussels sprouts salad recipes, try another one of my favorite recipes with apple maple vinaigrette.
Something to think about….
Have you tried shredding brussels sprouts? Are you a brussels sprout luva?