Pumpkin Spice Microwave Mug Cake
Love pumpkin muffins? Yes, I do, but I don’t always want to bake up an entire batch of muffins. When you crave a yummy fall treat, this Pumpkin Spice Microwave Mug Cake is perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth!
As an added plus, this pumpkin cake will take you about 5 minutes from mug to microwave to… in yo belly! I’m so sad that my pictures don’t do this deliciousness justice. I’ll blame poor lighting, when it came time for the “mug cake photo shoot”. Ha! Seriously, I thought about doing a reshoot, but I’m so anxious to share.
I’ll want to make this again soon anyway and then maybe I’ll update with new pictures. You know what they say, though, don’t judge a book by it’s cover. Okay… I’m aware that may be a bit challenging when it comes to food, especially dessert food.
I love my other mug cakes on the blog, but this one might take the cake as #1 yummiest. And that pun is totally intended! When you give this a try, I recommend topping it with truwhip. I’m not being compensated by truwhip in any way, I just really love the brand. A healthier whipped topping that tastes divine… yes, please!
Another great topping for this pumpkin spice mug cake is Yoplait Greek 100 Whips!. Also, not paying me. 🙂 These mouse-like Whips! are only 100 calories and lack the tanginess of regular Greek yogurt, but they still have the added protein. The vanilla cupcake flavor is a great combo with the pumpkin spice.
Pumpkin Spice Microwave Mug Muffin
- 1 egg white, 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 3 tablespoons milk*
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup**
- 1/3 cup whole grain spelt flour***
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, almond butter and/or Greek yogurt
- Spray a microwavable mug with cooking spray and then mix together all ingredients inside mug.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 25 seconds. Take out of the microwave and if desired transfer muffin to a plate and add optional toppings. Enjoy!
**Honey works too. This mug cake is only lightly sweet. Add another tablespoon, if you would like it sweeter.
***I also tried this mug cake using Kodiak Cake pancake mix and it worked fabulously! It should work with whole wheat pastry flour, whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour too.
Love super quick tasty treats? Check out a few of my faves!
Something to think about….
Have you ever made a mug cake? Feel free to share your recipe in the comments. 🙂
What about Yoplait Whips! or TruWhip?