Paleo, Gluten-free Pumpkin Mug Cake
This Paleo, Gluten-free Pumpkin Mug Cake is the perfect breakfast muffin or snack cake. It’s super easy to make and has a lovely pumpkin spice flavor with just a hint of sweetness.
Have you ever tried making a mug cake? If they can be made pretty, please tell me your secrets. I’ve made mug cakes many of times and I think they just might be the ugliest foods on the blog. But they sure are tasty! I don’t know about you- but at 7:00 in the morning, I don’t care how my breakfast looks; as long as it tastes yummy and it’s fairly easy, I’m all good.
Drizzle on a little honey, add some fresh fruit and you’ve got yourself a really clean, super simple, scrumptious breakfast! This Pumpkin Mug Cake would also be great with a spread of almond butter or jam.
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk any milk will work
- 2 tablespoons almond flour/meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- oil butter or non-stick spray for mug
- stevia packet optional, not Paleo
- Prepare mug with non-stick spray or oil wiped on.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and, then, pour mixture into prepared mug. Microwave mug for about 5-7 minutes. Once mug cake is cooked, turn mug upside down over plate until cake pops out. Cut cake in half and top with your favorite topping.
- I topped my muffin with a drizzle of honey and raspberries…..delish!
If you love mug cakes as much as I do, you’re sure to enjoy a few other favorites from Kim’s Cravings!
Something to think about….
Have you ever made a mug cake?
What’s your favorite super simple, quick breakfast to fix when you’re in a hurry?
For those of you that want to get your awesome uberfit workout gear immediately; uberfit is offering HHG readers a 20% discount off your entire purchase! Enter code HHG20 at checkout. Good through 10/10.