Hummus Feta Omelet
This Hummus Feta Omelet is super filling, low in carbs and packed with protein. 💪🏻 Plus, it’s delicious. Hummus tastes great with eggs and pairs really well with salty Feta cheese.
Welcome to one of my most basic, yet most addicting and tasty breakfast recipes – the Hummus Feta Omelet. It’s my first recipe of 2018 and it’s something special, I tell ya!
As the first of the new year, I wanted to share a recipe that would inspire you to eat healthier in the new year. Not only is this omelet irresistibly tasty, but it is super easy and quick to make. It will prove to you that healthy eating can be delicious and simple. Also, I realized that many of my breakfast recipes are on the sweeter side, so this one is for all my savory lovers.
I don’t know about you, but I love when I can make recipes out of what I already have in my fridge. Case in point: this Hummus Feta Omelet! It’s cheap, easy and customizable.
Use any combination of egg and egg whites that you prefer. For the veggie, I used red bell pepper, but tomato would totally work and if you want to increase the veggies, add spinach or onions. For the hummus, use your favorite. Lantana Foods has lots of fun flavors and I went with their yellow lentil hummus for this omelet and it added the most wonderful flavor.
This is a breakfast that will get you moving, satisfy your taste buds and keep you full until lunch. It would also make a great breakfast-for-dinner option.
You are going to love how simple and nourishing this Hummus Feta Omelet is. If you make it, be sure to leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram #kimscravings!
Hummus Feta Omelet
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup egg whites from a carton
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons hummus (you can use your favorite flavor, I used Yellow Lentil from Lantana Foods)
- 1 tablespoon crumbled Feta cheese, use vegan if dairy-free
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced red pepper or tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, egg whites, salt and pepper and whisk together until thoroughly blended and beaten.
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the egg mixture to the pan. Use a spatula to push the eggs from all around the edges into the center so that the set eggs are pushed into the middle and the egg liquid seeps back to the edges of the pan. When the edges are set and the center is getting there, add a few drops of hummus down the center of the omelet, then spread the hummus a bit with the back of a spoon. Add most of the Feta over the hummus. Reserve a small amount for the topping.
- Fold each side of the omelet over the center. Sprinkle the fresh cilantro and diced red pepper over the top of the omelet along with any remaining Feta and serve.
If you love this Hummus Feta Omelet, try my other favorite omelets!
Something to think about….
Do you have a favorite easy, healthy breakfast?
Planning any New Year’s goals?