The flavorful Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burrito filling joined with simple liquid egg whites come together perfectly for a high protein, low calorie, gluten-free plate of deliciousness. This Sweet Potato Black Bean Egg White Omelet is the ultimate clean-eating Fall breakfast meal!
Some of the best recipes are born by just cleaning out the fridge! 🙂 Yesterday, morning, I rifled through a fridge full of leftovers trying to decide if my morning meal would be sweet or savory. I was craving a savory high-protein meal that would fuel me through Body Pump and then a grocery haul. Egg whites combined with my favorite sweet potato burrito filling– why not?!
Wow- what a tasty satisfying power meal! I’ve got about a bajillion other recipes to share, but I just had to get this post up. I want you guys to enjoy this incredible sweet potato omelet asap. Plus, the burrito filling is a great meal prep choice. Brad likes mixing it with cooked ground bison for a quick taco and I enjoy it as a salad topping.
Don’t worry about making your omelet perfect- just because the omelet isn’t pretty and perfectly rolled doesn’t mean it’s not incredibly wonderful to eat. So simple, too- I poured 1 cup liquid egg whites into a medium non-stick skillet and evenly dropped about 1/2 cup (maybe a little more) spoonfuls of the sweet potato black bean mixture over the egg whites. I went about my business for about 5-10 minutes, letting the egg whites bubble and set. Once fully cooked on one side, I carefully rolled the omelet to the other side for about 1 minute. Voilà!
This Fall-flavored omelet is so yummy you don’t even need toppings, but avocado makes everything better. Every meal needs a healthy fat! Salsa would also be a great topping addition- feel free to get creative.
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- ½ cup Sweet Potato Black Bean Burrito Filling
- Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, avocado and/or salsa
- Prepare a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Pour liquid egg whites into heated skillet and drop spoonfuls of sweet potato/black bean mixture, evenly over egg whites.
- Allow egg whites to cook for about 5 minutes on one side, until bubbly and set.
- Once egg whites are completely cooked on first side, carefully flip to the other side and allow omelet to cook for about 1-2 more minutes.
- Transfer rolled omelet to a plate and serve with favorite toppings, if preferred. Enjoy!
Something to think about….
Do you ever come across tasty meals, just by combining leftovers?
What’s your favorite omelet filler?