Broccoli and Ham Frittata
This Broccoli and Ham Frittata is incredibly tasty and so easy to throw together. Bookmark this recipe to have on-hand during the holidays for a crowd pleasing brunch choice or a healthy dinner option for busy weeknights. It’s naturally gluten-free, so you can accommodate your friends or family with special dietary needs.
I enjoy frittatas and quiches so much. It’s very easy to keep the ingredients nutritious, they’re packed with protein and make for a wonderful light breakfast, lunch or dinner. I frequently cook one up on Sunday to have leftovers through the week. Serve this Broccoli and Ham Frittata with a side salad or fruit for lovely meal!
I used a cast iron skillet to cook my frittata and it was so simple to flip it onto a large serving plate after it cooled for about 5 minutes. Makes for such a pretty dish!
Frittatas are so versatile, the ingredients are completely up to you. Whipping up a frittata or two is such a great way to use up any veggies you may have lurking in the fridge that have seen better days. Other than bacon, I’ve never tried any other meat variety in my frittata, but I just happened to have the most flavorful Boar’s Head SmokeMaster™ Black Forest Ham leftover from sandwiches. My whole family enjoyed the ham so much, I decided to experiment with adding some chopped slices to my frittata. Very good decision!
Boar’s Head SmokeMaster™ Black Forest Ham has a delicious smoky flavor that adds so much yumminess to the Broccoli and Ham Frittata. The Black Forest Ham is naturally smoked with imported German beechwood and the result is a distinct rich flavor that is fabulous served sandwich style or used to enhance the flavors of other recipes, like this frittata.
I can picture it now- it’s a chilly fall morning, I have a nice hot cup of pumpkin spice coffee and a slice… or two of this fantabulous egg bake. Now if the chilly fall temps would just make it to Texas!
Broccoli and Ham Frittata
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 of a small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus more for serving
- 4 thin slices Boar's Head SmokeMaster™ Black Forest Ham, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a 9- to 12-inch oven-safe sauté pan (or iron skillet) over medium-high heat, cook the broccoli and onion in olive oil until soft and very lightly browned, about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs with the Parmigiano Reggiano, ham, salt and pepper; set aside.
- After broccoli/onion mixture is soft and cooked through, add egg/cheese mixture and let cook for 30 seconds over high heat. Transfer the pan to the heated oven and let the frittata cook until the eggs are just set. Should be about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and then turn the frittata out with a rubber spatula onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano and enjoy!
Frittatas are a favorite in this household- you will love these other recipes!
Hop over to the Boar’s Head website and enter for a chance to win a gift card by sharing your own culinary rules for creating the perfect smoked recipes!
Have you tried Boar’s Head SmokeMaster™ Black Forest Ham? Delish!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.