Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
Protein-packed honey mustard chicken salad is a fun twist on classic chicken salad! This easy chicken salad recipe is delicious served on a wrap, bread, apple slices or Sweet PotaTOASTS and it’s always a hit!
This post is sponsored by Sweet PotaTOASTS but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite new ways to serve chicken salad: with Sweet PotaTOASTS, from the makers of CAULIPOWER. The world’s first superfood toast! SO good! This complete meal has been my lunch for several days in a row – I can’t get enough. It’s quick, delicious, and filling!
How To Make Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- Start this recipe my combining the chicken, chopped apple, dried cranberries and green onion (or chives) in a large bowl. Set this bowl aside.
- Now make the dressing in a small bowl. Stir together the Greek yogurt, mayo and mustard.
- Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and gently stir all ingredients together.
- If you’re going to serve this honey mustard chicken salad recipe on Sweet PotaTOASTS, you can toast these from frozen in the toaster, toaster oven or in an air fryer.
Best Ways To Serve Chicken Salad
- After discovering Sweet PotaTOASTS, it’s seriously my new favorite way to enjoy lunch and breakfast! I love that these are so easy to pop, frozen, right into the toaster, toaster oven, or air fryer and have superfood ‘toast’ in minutes. The best thing since sliced bread!
- This honey mustard chicken salad is also really delicious served as a dip: place the chicken salad mixture in a bowl and surround it with chips, crackers, veggies, thinly sliced apples and Sweet PotaTOASTS.
- Of course, chicken salad is always yummy served in a wrap or on a croissant.
- When I’m making lunch, I want it to be FAST! And this chicken salad recipe with a prep time of 15 minutes or less definitely delivers.
- Instead of taking the extra step to cook up chicken, I like the shortcut of using a tender and flavorful rotisserie chicken! In my opinion, this also makes for the best chicken salad. So tasty! Many grocery stores even carry rotisserie chicken they’ve already cut up for you. It’s a little more expensive, but sometimes it’s just worth it!
- If you’re planning on making this chicken salad for a crowd, this recipe easily doubles, triples, etc. I often make this recipe for pool parties and other get togethers. A colossal-sized rotisserie chicken will give you about 6 cups of chicken, which you could use for this recipe and triple all of the other ingredients!
How To Make Chicken Salad Whole30 Compliant
If you’re looking to make this chicken salad recipe healthier or even Whole30 Compliant, there are are just a few things to tweak.
- Instead of using 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, use a Whole30 Compliant mayo.
- Be sure that the dried fruit you use is free of sugar. On the ingredients list, you should only see cranberries or cherries or whatever fruit you’re using.
- Layer this delicious chicken salad on Sweet PotaTOASTS. They are made from real sweet potato slices. Sweet PotaTOASTS are a clean label, single ingredient, bread replacement.
Give Sweet PotaTOASTS a try for yourself! You’ll find them in the frozen food aisle of most grocery stores.
- Save this offer to your mobile wallet
- Purchase Sweet PotaTOASTS and keep your receipt!
- Open the card in your mobile wallet and tap on the “Scan Receipt” link
- Receive $3 via PayPal
LOOKING FOR OTHER LUNCH SALAD RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES:
Protein-packed honey mustard chicken salad is a fun twist on classic chicken salad! This easy chicken salad recipe is delicious served on a wrap, bread, apple slices or Sweet PotaTOASTS and it's always a hit!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 apple, chopped into small pieces, about 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion or chives (optional)
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt or sub mayo
- 2 tablespoons mayo or additional Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste (I used 1/4 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper)
- Sweet PotaTOASTS
- Croissants or other Sandwich Rolls (add some lettuce for a sandwich)
- Thinly sliced apples
- Celery Sticks
- Tortilla wraps
- In a large bowl, add in the chopped chicken, dried cranberries, and thinly sliced green onion or chives. Stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayo, and mustard. Whisk until smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust quantities to your preference.
- Add dressing to chicken mixture. Gently stir all of the ingredients together until combined. Taste and adjust for any additional salt/pepper.
Enjoy layered on Sweet PotaTOASTS, toasted bread, a croissant, tortilla wrap or with crackers.
*Nutritional facts only include chicken salad.