Healthy Curried Chicken Salad
Sweet grapes, juicy Honeycrisp apple and crunchy celery combine with lean chicken and the most flavorful curry seasoned dressing to create what some may say is the BEST Curried Chicken Salad they’ve ever tasted. And, yes, I just might be one of those people.
You guys know how much I love the sweet and savory combo and this Healthy Curried Chicken Salad has that, plus waaaaay more. It’s savory, sweet, crunchy, creamy and nutty all in one bite. And as if that awesome texture wasn’t enough, the flavor is over-the-top amazing.
Chicken Salad is such a fabulous recipe to serve at parties and with plenty of game days and the holiday season ahead, you can bet this will be in my regular recipe rotation. It can be served with crackers, tortilla chips, inside a soft roll or wrap-style and everyone seems to be happy! I love that you just toss all of your ingredients together, stir and you are ready enjoy. Perfect for game day munching or lunches during the week.
You guys are going to LOVE this healthy curried chicken salad. I know it. It’s:
First of all, HUSBAND APPROVED (he seriously could not stop)
Texturally profound – crunchy, soft, crisp and creamy – a trifecta of goodness
Fast – 15 minutes, give or take
And so effing perfect!!
I served this chicken salad a couple of ways at my house. The girls in the house ate it in large leafy green lettuce leaves. Landen preferred to tuck it in between two bread slices and call it a sandwich and Brad just devoured it straight from the bowl with tortilla chips. Whatever way… YUM. Makes for pretty great leftovers too – perfect to have on hand for effortless, healthy weekday lunches.
If you get a chance to give it a try, let me know! I’m rather smitten with it and I think you will be, too. Leave a comment or take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram, so I can take a look at what you came up with. Enjoy!
Healthy Curried Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked, shredded or diced chicken breast
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 3/4 cup halved red grapes
- 1 medium Honeycrisp, or other variety apple, diced
- Roasted pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries from the Eat Smart Sweet Kale Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit*
- 3/4 cup avocado mayo**
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- large lettuce leaves, wraps or bread
- Eat Smart Sweet Kale Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit, poppyseed dressing can be used to drizzle over the top of chicken salad or save it for a leafy green salad
- Place salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Add the dressing to the salad and mix well. Chill until ready to serve (or serve immediately).
- Place a handful of Eat Smart Sweet Kale salad greens onto lettuce leaves and then scoop chicken salad over the top for serving. The chicken salad may also be spread between two slices of bread, on a wrap or onto a croissant. Also great as a dip for tortilla chips!
**If preferred, use regular or lite mayo. You can also sub either all or part of the mayo for Greek yogurt.