Curried Egg Salad
Classic egg salad gets a kick of flavor from one of my favorite antioxidant-rich seasonings, curry! This Curried Egg Salad is an easy, creamy, tasty lunch that’s perfect for sandwiches, wraps, or crackers. It includes minimal ingredients, can be ready in about 10 minutes, and is a great recipe to make ahead for the week!
This post was originally published on April 6, 2015. It was updated with new photos (except the photo of the kids) and recipe tips and republished on April 20, 2019.
Every Easter we boil tons of eggs for the kiddos to color and leave out for the Easter bunny to hide. After all of the eggs have been found, I’m aways looking for ways to make good use of all of those hard boiled eggs. If you’re in the same boat as me or just simply need a really tasty lunch, this curried egg salad is a must try!
HOW TO MAKE CURRIED EGG SALAD:
Once you have boiled eggs, this recipe could not be easier! It’s as simple as mixing some ingredients in a bowl.
If I’m really in a hurry, I buy eggs that have already been boiled. If you’re boiling your own eggs, follow my tips below.
This curried egg salad recipe is very forgiving, so feel free to leave any ingredients out that you aren’t particularly fond of or don’t have on hand. You can also add in any ingredients that you think would make a great addition.
HOW TO BOIL EGGS FOR EGG SALAD:
Having hard boiled eggs on hand for a quick breakfast or salads could not be easier. This foolproof stove top method for boiling eggs works perfect every time.
My method is simple, cover the eggs with water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Once the water boils you remove it from the heat and let it sit, covered for 20 minutes. The steam cooks the eggs resulting in perfectly cooked eggs with no cracks. Then simply drain, run under cold water and peel.
NOTES ON MAKING CURRIED EGG SALAD:
- I used Greek Yogurt in this egg salad, but you can substitute with reduced-fat mayonnaise, regular mayo or even Miracle Whip. I’ve also made this with a combination of mayo and Greek yogurt.
- In this recipe, I used a 6 ounce container of Fage Greek Yogurt. If you want a creamier egg salad use more yogurt.
- Feel free to use 1/4 cup of celery instead of the green onion for a tiny bit more crunch. You can also leave both out, if you prefer a smoother version.
- Add in any ingredients you think would be tasty! Wouldn’t some finely diced red pepper or even some creamy avocado be fabulous?! A drizzle of sriracha would be great, too, for a spicy kick!
- Serve this as an egg salad sandwich, as a lettuce wrap, open-face on some toast, over a bed of greens or with some crackers and raw veggies.
- This egg salad will keep well, covered, in the fridge for about 3 days.
LOOKING FOR OTHER EGG SALAD RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES:
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Curried Egg Salad
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chilled, peeled and mashed or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery or thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup craisins, golden raisins, or regular raisins
- 1/4 cup pecan chips or other finely chopped nut
- 1 (6 oz.) container plain Greek yogurt, a little more than 1/2 cup*, (I use nonfat.)
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste,, as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder**
- Combine all ingredients in a medium to large-sized mixing bowl. Serve on crackers, bread or in a wrap. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
I have made this a handful of time and really enjoy it! I find it needs more curry powder for my taste 😀 so as you note, I put in more. Trust your taste buds!
So happy you enjoyed! Thanks so much for your comment!
loved it! Except that I didn’t have pecan chips with me but it still turned out be just the way i thought! Thanks a bunch Kim.
That looks amazing. Add this to my sandwich board and sharing 🙂
This looks like such a delicious and healthy idea for a quick lunch! I’m going to make this sometime this week!!
Such a great way to use leftover eggs from Easter!
This looks like an incredible version of Egg Salad! A must try
My granddaughter has that same cute butterfly shirt. Perfect for the Easter holiday and colored eggs. : ) Pinning this recipe.
Enjoy… it’s one of my favorites!
Hi Kim, thanks for this. I have used this with the eggs leftover from Easter. My kids really enjoyed it and asked me to make another batch of this curried egg sandwiches together with mott32.com ice tea. Thanks again, all your posts are helpful =)
I’m so glad your family has enjoyed the curried egg salad! I know I’ve made it 3 times since posting it!
Hi Kim, thanks for this. I have used this with the eggs leftover from Easter. My kids really enjoyed it and asked me to make another batch of this curried egg sandwiches together with mott32.com hong kong cocktails. Thanks again, all your posts are helpful =)
I seriously LOVE curry so much in my egg salad. I love that you added in raisins and apples, too! I’ll have to try that 🙂
Me too! And the apple and raisins add the perfect sweetness. 🙂