Curried Egg Salad- the traditional egg salad gets a kick of flavor from one of my favorite antioxidant-rich seasonings. If your Easter bunny hides “real” hard-boiled eggs, like mine does, you’re going to end up with lots of extras. This curried egg salad is the most delicious way to make good use of all those boiled eggs!
Hope you all had a great Easter (if you celebrate). My family had a great weekend. We started the weekend off with our tradition of coloring Easter eggs and you better believe I’ll be remaking this curried egg salad with the boiled eggs.
On Sunday, I made a very untraditional lunch for the family. I let my older daughter choose the meal and she wanted shrimp with pasta. I loosely followed this shrimp scampi recipe from The Pioneer Woman. It was delish! The kids had a fun time hunting their Easter eggs and receiving their gifts from the Easter bunny. It was a great day!
Madelyn received the game, UNO, from the Easter bunny. I couldn’t even tell you how many games of UNO we played. It’s a good thing I like games.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chilled, peeled and mashed or finely chopped
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup craisins, golden raisins, or regular raisins
- ¼ cup pecan chips or other finely chopped nut
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (I use nonfat.)
- ½ an apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + more and pepper to taste, as needed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, maybe slightly more, if you really like curry
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-large mixing bowl. I like to mash everything together with my hands. Serve on crackers, bread or in a wrap. Enjoy!
Something to think about….
Did you have a fun Easter?
Do anything super creative with your eggs?
Did you eat anything extra delicious?
Spring is here and it’s time to start gearing up to shed the winter funk! Registration for the Spring Conscious Cleanse closes today. Learn more here – http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=1542561
Be sure to enter my giveaway to win Quest Bar products or a $50 Swanson Health Product voucher. It ends tonight before midnight!
If you’re an egg salad fan, you’ll also be crazy for my skinny egg salad!