High Protein Zucchini Pancakes
High Protein Zucchini Pancakes are so good and made with only four ingredients. These healthy zucchini pancakes remind me of zucchini bread, but in pancake form. Top with almond butter, fresh fruit and maple syrup for a real breakfast treat!
I really hope you aren’t sick of zucchini because I have another zucchini recipe for you today! And even if you are sick of zucchini, I am sure you still have lots to use up so at least I am giving you a new recipe to try! We can’t let the zucchini go to waste! And I guarantee you will fall in love with zucchini all over again after you make these High Protein Zucchini Pancakes. They are delicious and a great way to use up your summer squash!
How to make Zucchini Pancakes
This zucchini pancake recipe could not be easier! You simply mix the four ingredients (protein powder, baking powder, egg whites, zucchini) in a small bowl. You can also add cinnamon, if you like. To grate the zucchini, I use this grater. I’ve been using it for years and it works very well for grating a variety of foods. I like to grate a whole zucchini and then divide the shreds into baggies in portions of about 75 grams, so my zucchini is ready to go for zucchini pancakes all week.
I measure all my ingredients in grams on a kitchen scale, but if you don’t own a kitchen scale, I’ve added measurement tips in the notes section of the recipe card, below. Once you’ve mixed the ingredients together, measure about 1/4 cup batter per pancake to drop onto a heated skillet or griddle. In the picture below, I’m using this nonstick crepe skillet and it works so well with no sticking. Flip pancakes after about 5 minutes. Let them cook about 3 minutes on the second side.
That’s it! Now, you’ve got a plate of pancakes to enjoy. Yes, you get the whole plate!
What’s so great about these High Protein Zucchini Pancakes?
- First off, this recipe is absolutely delicious. These pancakes may not be quite as fluffy as the classic buttermilk pancake recipe, but they are super tasty and satisfying.
- This recipe makes a LARGE single serving of zucchini pancakes for only 175 calories, under 8 grams of carbs and a whopping almost 34 grams of protein! 🙌🏻 I love that I get the whole serving to myself! Of course, feel free to double or even triple this recipe, if you’re feeding more mouths!
- These pancakes are packed with protein and they’ll give you close to a serving of veggies. And, no, you can’t taste the zucchini! You’d never even know it was there, if you didn’t see little green flecks.
Best Protein for Protein Pancakes
I will say, the type of protein you use for these zucchini protein pancakes is important. I absolutely LOVE the brand PEScience for these pancakes. I order my PEScience Protein Powder from Amazon. I’m sure other brands will work fine, but if you want the best results I would suggest this brand. It works well for any high protein baking that you might do. Feel free to use any favorite flavor.
Looking for other ways to use up zucchini:
High Protein Zucchini Pancakes
- 1 scoop PEScience Protein Powder (any flavor)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 92 grams egg whites from a carton**
- 75 grams shredded zucchini***
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Stir ingredients together until combined.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, onto heated griddle. Will make 4-5 pancakes.
- Cook on one side for about 5 minutes, flip and cook on the other side about 3 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings.