High Protein Zucchini Pancakes
High Protein Zucchini Pancakes are so good and made with only four ingredients. These healthy zucchini pancakes remind me of zucchini bread, but in pancake form. Top with almond butter, fresh fruit and maple syrup for a real breakfast treat!
I really hope you aren’t sick of zucchini because I have another zucchini recipe for you today! And even if you are sick of zucchini, I am sure you still have lots to use up so at least I am giving you a new recipe to try! We can’t let the zucchini go to waste! And I guarantee you will fall in love with zucchini all over again after you make these High Protein Zucchini Pancakes. They are delicious and a great way to use up your summer squash!
How to make Zucchini Pancakes
This zucchini pancake recipe could not be easier! You simply mix the four ingredients (protein powder, baking powder, egg whites, zucchini) in a small bowl. You can also add cinnamon, if you like. To grate the zucchini, I use this grater. I’ve been using it for years and it works very well for grating a variety of foods. I like to grate a whole zucchini and then divide the shreds into baggies in portions of about 75 grams, so my zucchini is ready to go for zucchini pancakes all week.
I measure all my ingredients in grams on a kitchen scale, but if you don’t own a kitchen scale, I’ve added measurement tips in the notes section of the recipe card, below. Once you’ve mixed the ingredients together, measure about 1/4 cup batter per pancake to drop onto a heated skillet or griddle. In the picture below, I’m using this nonstick crepe skillet and it works so well with no sticking. Flip pancakes after about 5 minutes. Let them cook about 3 minutes on the second side.
That’s it! Now, you’ve got a plate of pancakes to enjoy. Yes, you get the whole plate!
What’s so great about these High Protein Zucchini Pancakes?
- First off, this recipe is absolutely delicious. These pancakes may not be quite as fluffy as the classic buttermilk pancake recipe, but they are super tasty and satisfying.
- This recipe makes a LARGE single serving of zucchini pancakes for only 175 calories, under 8 grams of carbs and a whopping almost 34 grams of protein! 🙌🏻 I love that I get the whole serving to myself! Of course, feel free to double or even triple this recipe, if you’re feeding more mouths!
- These pancakes are packed with protein and they’ll give you close to a serving of veggies. And, no, you can’t taste the zucchini! You’d never even know it was there, if you didn’t see little green flecks.
Best Protein for Protein Pancakes
I will say, the type of protein you use for these zucchini protein pancakes is important. I absolutely LOVE the brand PEScience for these pancakes. I order my PEScience Protein Powder from Amazon. I’m sure other brands will work fine, but if you want the best results I would suggest this brand. It works well for any high protein baking that you might do. Feel free to use any favorite flavor.
Looking for other ways to use up zucchini:
Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Muffins
Healthy Zucchini Turkey Burgers
Healthy Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
High Protein Zucchini Pancakes
- 1 scoop PEScience Protein Powder (any flavor)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 92 grams egg whites from a carton**
- 75 grams shredded zucchini***
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Stir ingredients together until combined.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, onto heated griddle. Will make 4-5 pancakes.
- Cook on one side for about 5 minutes, flip and cook on the other side about 3 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
I’ve made these everyday for the past week! So good!
I Just made these for breakfast and they are so amazing. Topped it off with some mashed up strawberries and it was one of the best pancakes I have ever eaten!
Yay! So glad you enjoyed! Thanks for leaving a comment.
hi! do i have to use the protein powder or can I do it without?
I’ve never tried anything else, but flour may work as a substitute.
How would I make these using real eggs? How many would I need?
I would use one that you have beat before adding it in. Once you stir everything together, if you feel like you need the batter to be more liquid-y, add a small amount of water until you get the right consistency. Good luck!
I made these, and they were amazing! I put chopped, roasted figs on top and will try with berries tomorrow. So good! Thanks for the recipe. 🙂
Yay! So glad you enjoyed and yum… roasted fig sounds amazing!
I love zucchini pancakes! These look so delicious and perfect for a weekend brunch!
i could never get tired of zucchini! These sound incredible and such an awesome way to get your veggies for breakfast 🙂
What a fantastic way to use zucchini! They look super tasty.
What a great way to start the day with some veggies.
I’ve never thought of adding protein powder to pancakes, what a great idea! Also there’s nothing better than a healthy breakfast that’s also fun and exciting, can’t wait to make this for the family!
Kim, please tell me….do you use the peanut butter flavored protein powder you pictured to make these zucchini pancakes?
I use the exact flavor variety linked and pictured, the chocolate peanut butter cup. It’s my favorite, but they are also delicious with the chocolate cupcake flavor too!