Zucchini Banana Bread with Protein
Uber-moist on the inside and slightly crunchy out the outside- this zucchini banana bread with protein is so scrumptious and packs a powerful punch of nutrition! Baking with zucchini and banana adds a delightful tenderness and the banana adds just enough sweetness, you’ll feel like you’re really indulging.
As for the zucchini you’ll never really even know it’s there, except for those pretty green specks. If you’ve got picky kiddos, like mine, get extra sneaky and peel the zucchini before grating it. They won’t see a thing, but they’ll be getting the extra nutrients zucchini provides.
I adore banana bread and banana muffins, if you don’t believe me, click here, here, here and here. I added protein powder in these banana nut protein muffins and you would have never known, so I decided to experiment with zucchini banana bread. This time I gave Quest Nutrition Protein Powder Multi-Purpose Mix a try. Quest Nutrition Protein Bars are my favorite and the Quest Protein Powder totally lived up to the hype!
It’s so super tasty and flavorful, you don’t even need butter. But it makes for such a pretty picture, don’t ya think?
- 1 egg
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 medium to large zucchini, grated using large holes on grater and liquid squeezed using a dishtowel
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (melted coconut oil will work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour. All-purpose, whole wheat flour or whole grain spelt flour will work.)
- 1/2 cup protein powder (I used Quest Nutrition Multi-Purpose Mix.)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, crack and beat egg. Combine mashed bananas, zucchini, maple syrup, olive oil and vanilla with the egg.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually stir liquid mixture into flour mixture. DO NOT overmix- only mix just until you no longer see dry flour.
- Transfer mixture to greased pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry and the top is golden brown.
- Allow bread to cool about 10-15 minutes before slicing.- Enjoy!
Because there are no preservatives in the bread, it won't last long setting out on your counter. I would recommend storing it in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Have you tried Quest Protein Powder? I was in no way compensated by Quest. I’m just sharing one of my favorite products with you. 🙂
Have you ever tried adding protein powder to a baked good? How did it turn out?
There are a few affiliate links in this post. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! 🙂 Thank you so much for your support!