Cottage Cheese Tuna Salad
This Cottage Cheese Tuna Salad is the BEST and a family favorite we make on the regular! It’s an easy, tasty mix of tuna, cottage cheese, avocado, corn, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, black olives, and Dijon.
This post is sponsored by Hiland Dairy but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
No matter how you mix it, making tuna salad at home is one of the easiest, most satisfying meals you can whip up from pantry staples. I’m a huge tuna salad fan and out of the hundreds of versions I’ve made, this Cottage Cheese Tuna Salad is the version I love most. Served on a bed of greens or slathered between slices of your favorite bread, this is such a tasty tuna salad recipe that works perfectly as a dip with tortilla chips, too.
INGREDIENTS FOR COTTAGE CHEESE TUNA SALAD
I highly recommend this recipe made just as instructed because it’s that good. But feel free to throw in your own favorite must-haves or leave an ingredient out that you don’t really like. This recipe is very forgiving and is ready so fast, anytime hunger strikes!
Hiland Low Fat Cottage Cheese is one of my favorite tuna salad ingredients. It gives tuna salad such a great flavor! Not only does it have a delicious taste and texture, but it also gives this tuna salad more protein and less fat than the classic tuna salad recipe.
HOW TO MAKE TUNA SALAD
- Once you’ve opened the can of tuna, drain as much of the water as possible. I like to do this by removing the lid and holding it over the sink to drain.
- Next, add the tuna to a bowl.
- Stir in the rest of your ingredients: cottage cheese, avocado, corn, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, black olives, Dijon and Cajun seasoning. The seasoning isn’t a must if you don’t happen to have it on hand, but I really like the flavor it adds.
- Mix well and, if needed, season to taste with salt & pepper. Both cottage cheese and tuna are salty foods, so I don’t feel that this salad needs extra salt & pepper.
It tastes even better if you let it chill for a couple hours, but I usually just eat it immediately, straight out of the bowl. I can’t help it!
This cottage cheese tuna salad recipe will be your favorite summer lunch! And to really kick off summer, Hiland is sending one lucky family on an ADVENTURE to Silver Dollar City. Enter here for a chance to win!
Giveaway Prize Includes: 4 Multiple Admission Trailblazer and Show Lover’s Passes to Silver Dollar City, hotel accommodations, a $150 prepaid gas card for the road trip, a $50 coupon pack for Hiland Dairy products, and a cooler to keep your farm-fresh Hiland Dairy snacks cool on the ride!
Another summer MUST is Hiland Ice Cream? It’s the best and one of our favorite ways to enjoy summer evenings out on the back porch!
Other tasty tuna salad recipes to try:
This Cottage Cheese Tuna Salad is the BEST and a family favorite we make on the regular! It's an easy, tasty mix of tuna, cottage cheese, avocado, corn, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, black olives, and Dijon.
- 2 (5 oz.) cans albacore wild tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 cup Hiland low-fat cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup corn, drained or if using frozen, thawed
- 2/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard or Dijon mustard (regular mustard works fine too)
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- Salt & Pepper as needed to taste (Be sure to taste before adding. Cottage cheese and tuna are both pretty salty and I didn’t need any additional salt.)
Combine all of the above ingredients together in a medium to large bowl. Serve in a wrap, lettuce wrap, on bread or with tortilla chips. ENJOY!