Waldorf Tuna Salad Pitas
Looking for a fun healthy lunch idea? Well, you’re going to love these delicious Waldorf Tuna Salad Pitas that are light and fresh, full of flavor and only take about 10 minutes to make!
I really love a good Waldorf Chicken Salad, but have you tried Waldorf Tuna Salad? Delicious! Thanks to Blue Harbor Fish Co packages these tasty pitas could not be easier. Blue Harbor tuna is so reliable…always there waiting for you in your pantry on days that you have nothing in your fridge to eat. That is what gave me the idea to recreate the traditional chicken salad into a flavorful, tuna salad and well, it turned out so awesome!
When it comes to making healthy lunches, I am ALL about convenience! It’s often hard to come up with a variety of healthy lunch ideas during a busy work week and if you’re anything like me you tend to get bored with the same old thing.
There are so many different meal options you can create with Blue Harbor tuna, though. From different types of tuna salad to adding it into pasta or leafy green salads. Blue Harbor tuna is a staple in my house and for good reason! It’s high protein, low carb and I always have a package or two on hand at the ready.
I always grab Blue Harbor tuna because it has a firm meaty texture and mild, fresh taste that combines the simple ingredients of sustainably-caught, wild Albacore tuna, water, a touch of sea salt or no salt added with no preservatives to give you just a fresh flavor of tuna. It also comes in deliciously big chunks so need to worry about mushy tuna! Quality you can see the moment you rip open the package!
What’s more, Blue Harbor uses Marine Stewardship Council certified fisheries and is dedicated to preserving the world’s fishing stocks.
My kids loved this Waldorf Tuna Salad stuffed into pitas and I loved eating it on salad greens. You could also serve it over rice cakes or with rice crackers for a light option.
Ideal for school lunches or meal prepping on Sunday for your busy week ahead, be sure to try these Waldorf Tuna Salad Pitas. They’re going to be a new lunch favorite!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment and tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
Waldorf Tuna Salad Pitas
- 5 3 ounce packages Blue Harbor tuna
- 1/3 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- zest of about 1/2 a lemon, about 1 teaspoon zest
- the juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup homemade or clean ingredient mayo (Greek yogurt can also be used)
- 1/3 cup coarsley chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup diced celery, about 2 ribs
- 1 medium apple, cubed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- pitas for serving*
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least for 1 hour before serving. Salad keeps well for about 5 days, and its even better the day after you make it!
Love these Waldorf Tuna Salad Pitas? You’ll enjoy my other tuna favorites too!