Easy Fried Egg, Rice, Avocado Bowl
This hearty and filling Easy Fried Egg, Rice, Avocado Bowl will warm you up, fill you up, and STILL help you fit into your skinny jeans because it’s loaded with protein, fiber and essential vitamins and minerals… now that’s my kind of breakfast!
RICE! for breakfast!
That’s right you guys. We’re shakin’ things up around here today and we’re enjoying a savory breakfast! So not typical for me, but for some reason, the salty cravings seem to have gotten the better of me.
I have been enjoying this easy fried egg, rice, avocado bowl on the daily. I can hardly call it a recipe, but since it’s so delicious and healthy, I thought I might as well share.
The basic formula is rice, green onion, a fried egg, avocado and a splash of hot sauce. You can make this your own by using your favorite type of rice, different seasonings, adding sautéed greens and scrambling or soft boiling your egg. My favorite combination is brown rice, Trader Joe’s Chili Lime seasoning, fried egg and a drizzle of Sriracha sauce.
This recipe works perfectly when you have leftover rice and veggies to use up. But if you don’t happen to have leftover rice on-hand, the Minute Ready-to-Serve rice cups work great. This post is not sponsored, I just really enjoy the convenience and flavor of these rice cups. With these quick cooking cups, this breakfast seriously takes me like 5-10 minutes, from start to finish, to whip up. BAM!
This Easy Fried Egg, Rice, Avocado Bowl has seriously become my new favorite! It’s:
& Super delicious
This recipe makes the perfect lazy weekend breakfast or brunch. If you aren’t into rice, sub quinoa or bulgur or even roasted cubed sweet potato. And feel free to add more veggie goodness.
If you try this idea, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy, friends!
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado, chopped or sliced
- Hot sauce (optional, for serving)
- Mix scallions, rice, and vinegar in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook until whites are set around the edges, about 1 minute. Flip eggs and cook to desired doneness, about 30 seconds for a runny yolk.
- Divide rice among bowls; top with eggs, avocado, and hot sauce.
Recipe from www.bonappetit.com
Looking for more breakfast bowl goodness? Check out other favorites!
Something to think about….
Have you ever eaten rice for breakfast? If you just can’t stomach it, this bowl works great for brunch, lunch and even dinner!