Easy Mexican Breakfast Bowls
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplyAvocado #CollectiveBias
Easy Mexican Breakfast Bowls with all the goods! So flavorful and satisfying, you’ll want to wake up to this every morning!
Weekend mornings often start off slow around here, with breakfast sometimes morphing into the lunch hour. By the time we’ve gotten around to it, it’s already noon and we’re famished. It was Brad who first started making these hearty breakfast bowls for us, and I really love them because each time they are just a little different, based on what we have and what’s in season.
There is one must have ingredient that never goes out of style, though. If you know me at all, I’m sure you can guess what that one necessary addition just might be. WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™, you sillies! I honestly can’t get enough of the stuff and ever since discovering it in the produce department at Walmart, I’ve been putting it on almost everything.
SIMPLY AVOCADO™ is available in two flavor varieties – Sea Salt and Garlic Herb. Both have such amazing flavor, you’ll be taking a dip or scoop from these every chance you get. I love that the packages of SIMPLY AVOCADO™ are a convenient, tasty substitute for fresh avocado. Made with simple, real ingredients, it’s just like if you had made the dip yourself, but without the hassle or mess of mashing up avocados.
Keeping it seasonal for this bowl, we have spiraled butternut squash. Cubed squash would have been great too, but I happened to pick up the pre-spiraled squash in the produce section of Walmart and I couldn’t resist the fun twist. Make this bowl your own, though, and feel free to swap out the butternut squash for roasted sweet potato cubes, sautéed bell pepper or zucchini.
The eggs can be scrambled, poached, over easy, sunny side up or however you like. You can even leave the eggs off all together and try adding sausage or bacon. Yum!
Whatever you do, though, just don’t leave off the SIMPLY AVOCADO™!
I would love to see your version of this Easy Mexican Breakfast Bowl. If you give it a try, snap a picture and tag #kimscravings on Instagram, so we can all see. Also, comment on this post and let me know how it turned out. Enjoy!
Easy Mexican Breakfast Bowls with all the goods! So flavorful and satisfying, you'll want to wake up to this every morning!
- 4 eggs
- spiraled butternut squash
- WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™
- 1 can black beans
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, diced and seeded
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small pot, heat all ingredients for refried beans over med-high heat. Mash using a potato masher or fork and cook for 7-8 min, mashing and stirring occasionally. Remove from heat when fully heated and soft.
- Make pico de gallo by mixing all ingredients together. Let sit so the flavors can mingle.
- Meanwhile, cook butternut squash in a large frying pan over med-high heat for about 5-8 min, stirring often until fully cooked and soft.
- Remove squash from pan. Spray pan with cooking spray or add oil to pan and crack eggs into pan, cooking for about 3-4 min until yolks are as runny as you desire. Flip for a fried egg, or continue cooking another min for sunny side up.
Add refried beans to bowls and top with squash, WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™, pico de gallo and egg. Enjoy!
You can find SIMPLY AVOCADO™ in the produce department near the dips and dressings at Walmart.
Love these Easy Mexican Breakfast Bowls? Check out a few other favorite bowls!
Something to think about….
Have you tried a savory bowl for breakfast?
Have you tried SIMPLY AVOCADO™?