Low Carb Paleo Breakfast Bowl
Ready to start the day with full power? With this Low Carb Paleo Breakfast Bowl, you’ll find yourself more focused and content the rest of the day. It’s grain free, dairy free, sugar free, and absolutely delicious!
This is the kind of hearty breakfast bowl you need for those mornings when you wake up ravenous and craving a full meal. On that note, it could also work as an easy, delicious lunch. And breakfast for dinner is my absolute favorite!
Aside from this being super satisfying, another great thing about this dish is that you can substitute all the veggies for what you have available and in season! I really like using either broccoli or cauliflower, some type of pepper, baby carrots and either yellow squash or zucchini. Feel free to go with tomatoes, asparagus, Brussels or whatever else sounds yummy!
When it comes to the chicken sausage, there are lots of choices. I always stick with varieties that are nitrate-free, hormone-free and with no antibiotics used. Typically, I use Bilinski’s or Trader Joe’s. And go with as much or as little egg as you want. Usually, for me that’s about 1/4 cup egg whites and 2 small eggs, but feel free to use only eggs or only egg whites and use any combo you prefer.
You guys are going to LOVE this breakfast bowl. It’s
Loaded with veggies
Packed with protein
And seriously so easy
This is the perfect breakfast or brunch even if you only have 20 minutes to spend on food in the morning. Simply prep your veggies the night before so they’re ready to roast! And then all you’ll need to do is get everything cooking. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
If you make this easy, Low Carb Paleo Breakfast Bowl, let me know! Leave a comment below or take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram. I love seeing what you guys cook up. Enjoy!
Low Carb Paleo Breakfast Bowl
- Favorite veggies - I like sliced zucchini, baby carrots, broccoli or cauliflower florets and sliced bell pepper
- Chicken sausage - I like Bilinkski's Apple Chardonnay or Trader Joe's Garlic Herb
- 1/2 cup chopped kale or spinach
- 2 small organic pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup cage-free egg whites
- Guacamole or avocado slices - I like Archer Farms Homestyle Guacamole from Target or Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie mini packages or Trader Joe's Avocado's Number Guacamole to Go 100 calorie packages
- Slice/chop veggies and roast at about 405 degrees F. for about 20 to 25 mins. I like to spray coconut oil cooking spray on the veggies and season them with Trader Joe's Chili Lime seasoning salt. Feel free to use any favorite seasoning.
- Meanwhile, prepare kale, sausage, eggs and egg whites. I start heating my pan to cook eggs when the veggies have about 10 mins left to cook.
- Cook eggs with chopped kale and sausage until desired doneness. I like to scramble everything together, but feel free to cook your egg however you prefer.
- Remove veggies from oven and place in a shallow bowl with scrambled egg mixture. Top with guacamole or avocado slices. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
SIMILAR SAVORY BREAKFAST FAVORITES
Breakfast Hash with Sweet Potato, Brussels Sprouts, Apple and Fried Egg
Something to think about….
Do you have a savory go-to breakfast recipe? Can you tolerate veggies at breakfast time?
I actually love eating breakky for dinner, usually in omelet form! This breakfast bowl has got everything I love in an omelet: roasted veggies, sausage and guac!
I do too!!
All those colors! I saw this on Instagram earlier today and was like, “YES PLEASE! YUM!”
Thanks so much!! Hope you get a chance to give it a try!
This looks so good!
I hope you have a lovely day. x
Izzy | http://www.pinchofdelight.com