Mini Pepper Pizzas
These hand-held Mini Pepper Pizzas embrace the deliciousness of pizza with a healthy twist! They include way more nutrients than the a bagel bite or pizza roll and they make a perfect appetizer for parties and a great healthy snack for kids… and adults!
Raw mini peppers are one of my favorite healthy snacks. They’re so perfect dipped in hummus or guacamole. You can eat them whole, seeds and all, so munch away.
These mini peppers were especially fresh and crisp with beautiful vibrant colors. Sweet peppers from Divine Flavor are seriously my favorite! And with good reason too – Divine Flavor produces high-quality, non-GMO foods grown in nutrient-rich, never over-farmed soil.
Divine Flavor is a Mexican family-run and grower-owned fruit and vegetable distribution company based out of Arizona. I’m a huge fan of their beliefs in growing better food for a better world. They truly aim to take care of the people and the environment. Learn more about Divine Flavor on their website.
I decided to give these gorgeous sweet peppers a try, cooked, and this recipe for mini pepper pizzas did not disappoint. Not only was this fun finger food tasty, it was so easy to create. Sweet mini peppers are filled with pizza sauce, stuffed with mozzarella and topped with mini pepperoni, then broiled until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
These mini pepper pizzas make a for a crowd pleasing appetizer or side dish, and obviously they are the perfect game day snack! If you give them a try, be sure to comment below and let me know how delicious they were. Also, snap a picture and post it on Instagram with the hashtag #kimscravings, so we can all see your version. Happy snackin’!
Mini Pepper Pizzas
- 8 mini sweet peppers
- ¼ cup pizza sauce or marinara
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mini pepperonis
- Preheat broiler on high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Leaving the stems intact, cut the peppers in half lengthwise; remove the membranes and seeds.
- Place the pepper halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet, and spray cooking spray over the tops.
- Turn the peppers cut side up. Fill each pepper half with about 1/2 tablespoon of pizza sauce, about ½ tablepsoon mozzarella and a 2 to 3 mini pepperonis. Spray cooking spray over the top.
- Place 6 inches under the flame (not directly under), and broil until cheese is browned, about 5 minutes.
Love the Mini Pepper Pizzas? You’ll enjoy these other easy apps too!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried stuffing mini peppers? What’s your favorite way to use mini peppers?
Connect with Divine Flavor on social media