These Black Bean Hummus Breakfast Tostadas will surely make all of your morning meal dreams come true! Bursting with fresh flavor and texture, this deliciousness will fuel you through the day!
Can we talk about how much I love delicious breakfast recipes like these Black Bean Hummus Breakfast Tostadas? They have all the components of a satisfying meal – protein from the eggs, carbs from the hummus and tortillas and healthy fats from the avocado. Dress it up with some fresh pico and cotija cheese and you’ve got one beautiful plate of food!
This meal might look fancy, but it seriously it could not be easier to throw together. If you ask me, easy is exactly how a meal needs to be in the morning! I used my favorite Lantana Black Bean Hummus (this post is not sponsored, I just really love the stuff) and crispy store-bought tostadas. I even bought the pico and guac, pre-made from the produce department of my grocery store. Yep, I’m pretty lazy in the morning!
Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. My second-favorite? Brinner. That’s right – breakfast for dinner. These easy breakfast tostadas would make an amazing brinner meal. Serve it up with a side of Spanish rice and you’re good to go!
You’re going to love these tostadas! Vegetarian and nutrient packed, they’re loaded with healthy ingredients to satisfy your day bursting with fresh flavor and texture.
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil for cooking eggs
- salt and pepper
- 8 crunchy corn tostada shells
- 1 10 ounce container black bean hummus*
- Cotija cheese or feta cheese, crumbled
- Pico de Gallo**
- Guacamole or avocado slices
- lime cut into wedges for garnish
- Add oil to a large non-stick skillet and heat to medium-high. Crack a few eggs at a time into the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook 2-3 minutes, until the whites have set. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the tostada shells in an even layer on baking sheet.
Spread about 2 tablespoons black bean hummus over the top of each tostada. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place cooked eggs on top of the heated tostadas, top with any desired toppings.
*I use Lantana brand. Feel free to swap out the hummus for black refried beans or regular refried beans, if preferred. Other flavor varieties of hummus could be used too.
**You can buy this premade in the produce department of most grocery stores.
***All toppings are optional. Use your favorites!
Looking for more yummy breakfast recipes? Check out these favorites!
Something to think about….
Ever do brinner? What’s your favorite breakfast for dinner meal?