Thanks to Minute® Ready to Serve Rice for sponsoring this post and helping me whip up this 5 Ingredient Mexican Brown Rice, perfect for busy weeknights!
5 Ingredient Mexican Brown Rice might just be the simplest most flavorful rice dish you’ll ever cook. It comes together so easily and quickly in one skillet, which makes for less mess. You can even throw in your favorite veggies, but I kept it hassle-free with only 5 ingredients.
5 ingredients + 15 minutes = fiesta time!! Thanks to Minute® Ready to Serve Rice for helping me create a healthy crowd-pleasing dinner in a flash. With back-to-school time in session, as of today, our family’s schedule is going to be crazy busy. It’s so wonderful to have a fantastic meal on the table in less time than it would take to order delivery!
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice is not only perfect for cooking up quick dinner recipes, but because the rice is packaged in single serve cups, it’s also great for a grab-n-go lunch or snack. I keep a cup in my desk drawer for when I don’t have much time for lunch or I just need a quick snack. It may sound weird, but I love adding a pinch of cinnamon, a splash of almond milk and a drizzle of almond butter to my rice cup for a sweet treat. Strange, but good!
This Mexican rice skillet meal is very straightforward—->
Grab your 5 ingredients:
Minute® Ready to Serve Rice (I use brown rice, but other varieties are available.)
Simply mix it all together in a heated skillet… and that’s that!
Really do it up big and serve alongside enchiladas, tacos or fajitas. We also love this as a main dish served over a bed of lettuce and digging in tortilla chips! Don’t forget the cilantro and avocado, if you know what’s good for you! Yummo!
- 1½ cups corn (frozen or fresh)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups whole grain brown rice Minute® Ready to Serve Rice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- Optional to garnish; fresh cilantro and/or diced avocado
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn and black beans and cook until corn is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add Minute® Ready to Serve Rice and chili powder and stir to combine. Cook; stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in salsa and cook until everything is combined and warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 - 10 minutes, then garnish with cilantro and avocado, if desired. Serve as a main meal or alongside tacos, enchiladas or fajitas. Also, wonderful as a vegan burrito filling.
Another quick and easy brown rice dish to try!
Head on over to the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice website for recipe ideas, including stir-in options, and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products.
What are your favorite quick and easy recipes for busy weeknights?
Kim’s Cravings is now on Snapchat!
Want to see what’s going on behind the scenes around here? Add me on Snapchat – my username is kimscravings, or just snap a pic of my snapcode below. Send me a snap anytime – I’d love to hear from you!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.