Healthy Almond Joy Baked Oatmeal
Healthy almond joy baked oatmeal is a fun spin on traditional oatmeal- made with nourishing ingredients, but tastes like your favorite candy bar! Enhanced with chewy coconut, crunchy almonds and creamy almond coconut milk makes for breakfast comfort food at its finest.
My family has a new favorite oatmeal and when breakfast tastes as delicious as this, how could it not be a favorite?!?! Studded with chocolate, sweetened with maple syrup, flavored with unsweetened almond coconut milk and enriched with coconut oil- this almond joy baked oatmeal is sure to become a favorite for your family too!
This almond joy baked oatmeal would definitely make a special brunch item for Mom! It can easily be doubled to feed a crowd too. Or make a big pan on Sunday, for an easy nourishing breakfast throughout the week, that takes about 1 minute to reheat.
Baked oatmeal is really quick to throw together, which is one reason it works so well for serving guests. However, if it tastes as yummy as almond joy baked oatmeal, it will disappear even faster!
Using unsweetened Almondmilk Coconutmilk from Almond Breeze gave this hearty oatmeal a fabulous flavor and creaminess without any added sugar. The almond coconut milk also adds deliciousness to your morning cup of joe- its all about the coffee for me!
Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend is all natural, dairy, soy, lactose, cholesterol and gluten free, contains medium chain fatty acids (MCFA’s) and is available in four great tasting flavors.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped (I used toasted coconut Blue Diamond Almonds)
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted or very soft
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Garnish if desired: additional chopped almonds, shredded coconut, chocolate chips and/or unsweetened almond coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8- by 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, coconut, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and stir in milk, maple syrup and almond extract. Stir milk mixture into oat mixture, and then blend in coconut oil until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread into prepared baking pan and top with chocolate chips. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with optional garnishes- enjoy!
Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for about a week. Leftover oatmeal is great warmed in the microwave with an extra splash of milk!
Something to think about….
Have you ever had baked oatmeal? It’s for sure a breakfast favorite, for me!
Have you tried almond coconut milk from Almond Breeze? If not, it’s a must try! Use it in your cereal, coffee, oatmeal or enjoy it with a cookie for a sweet treat.
I think it’s pretty safe to say, I’m a huge baked oatmeal fan. Check out my other baked oatmeal recipes on the blog!
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.