Zesty Carrot Ginger Hummus
The perfect marriage of sweet and spicy – this Zesty Carrot Ginger Hummus is so delicious and a great appetizer for easy, healthy snackin’! Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
When I decided to take on a carrot hummus, I was expecting a tasty dip, but what I wasn’t expecting was to eat some of the best hummus of my life. For reals. Ready for this recipe? I’m SO excited to share it with you!
So, homemade hummus. How do you guys feel about it? Do you like it? Considering I’ve made about 2940390 hummus recipes for you (White Bean Chipotle Hummus, Flavorful Caramelized Onion Hummus, and even Pumpkin Hummus) you know I kinda-sorta am totally OBSESSED with this creamy, simple, tasty spread.
MAKING ZESTY CARROT GINGER HUMMUS
If you haven’t ever made your own hummus, you so need to give it a try and you can get started with this deliciousness.
This hummus is so quick, easy and flavorful! You only need:
White beans (or chickpeas)
Fresh lemon juice
Salt & pepper
Then you’re in biznass, like WHOA.
WAYS TO USE HEALTHY CARROT HUMMUS
I adore that this zesty carrot ginger hummus can be used in such a variety of ways! I absolutely love it as a salad topping instead of dressing or as a sandwich spread. But raw veggies, crackers and pita chips work so well too!
Spoon the hummus into a pretty bowl, drizzle with extra sriracha sauce and a sprinkle of spice. There! You’ve got yourself one healthy, gourmet snack for book club night, movie night, dinner party appetizer, or a Friday night dinner. Yes, hummus, raw veggies and crackers can absolutely be called dinner in case you are questioning that. I won’t judge.
YEP, THIS HUMMUS IS PRETTY MUCH AMAZING!
You’ll want to make this zesty carrot ginger hummus again and again! It’s:
Savory & sweet
Make this hummus STAT. You’ll thank me when you’re noshing down on the zesty flavorful goodness.
If you make this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment or take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram so we can be hummus buddies. I LOVE seeing what you guys come up with! Enjoy!
Zesty Carrot Ginger Hummus
- 2 medium to large carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger*
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1 (13-15 oz.) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini (ground sesame seed)**
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup Sriracha hot sauce (or more or less, depending on spicy preference)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- In a food processor or blender, add the carrots, garlic, ginger and apricots and blend until finely minced.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for water, and blend until smooth.
- Add one tablespoon of water at a time until hummus reaches desired consistency.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with additional sriracha sauce, sesame seeds and poppy seeds, if desired. Enjoy with your favorite chip, cracker, or bread or use as a spread or salad topping.