The perfect marriage of sweet and spicy – this Zesty Carrot Ginger Hummus is the perfect appetizer to ring in spring time snackin’!
When I decided to take on a carrot hummus, I was expecting a tasty dip, but what I wasn’t expecting was to eat some of the best hummus of my life. For reals. Ready for this recipe? I’m SO excited to share it (and the secret ingredient that takes it to the next level) with you!
So, homemade hummus. How do you guys feel about it? Do you like it? Considering I’ve made about 2940390 hummus recipes for you (White Bean Chipotle Hummus, Flavorful Caramelized Onion Hummus, and evenPumpkin Hummus) you know I kinda-sorta am totally OBSESSED with this creamy, simple, tasty spread.
If you haven’t ever made your own hummus, you so need to give it a try and you can get started with this deliciousness.
This hummus is so quick, easy and flavorful! You only need:
Then you’re in biznass, like WHOA.
Take a tip from me. The easy-to-use, no chopping needed, pre-portioned Dorot seasonings MAKE this.
Dorot grows their own garlic, basil, cilantro, parsley, chili and ginger. At peak freshness, they pull the spices from the fields, process and flash freeze into convenient trays within 90 minutes of harvest.
Dorot has a two year shelf life, so you can have fresh Garlic, Onions and Herbs year round with the simple “pop” of the tray. Dorot is truly “fresher than fresh”!
Dorot can be conveniently found in a variety of your favorite grocers down the frozen foods aisle. I purchased my Dorot seasonings at my local HEB grocery store.
I adore that this zesty carrot ginger hummus can be used in such a variety of ways! I absolutely love it as a salad topping instead of dressing or as a sandwich spread. But raw veggies, crackers and pita chips work so well too!
Spoon the hummus into a pretty bowl, drizzle with extra sriracha sauce and a sprinkle of spice. There! You’ve got yourself one healthy, gourmet snack for book club night, movie night, dinner party appetizer, or a Friday night dinner. Yes, hummus, raw veggies and crackers can absolutely be called dinner in case you are questioning that. I won’t judge.
You’ll want to make this zesty carrot ginger hummus again and again! It’s:
Savory & sweet
Make this hummus STAT. You’ll thank me when you’re noshing down on the zesty flavorful goodness.
If you make this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment or take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram so we can be hummus buddies. I LOVE seeing what you guys come up with! Enjoy!
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 Dorot cubes or 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 Dorot cube or 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- 1 (1.3-1.5 oz.) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tahini (ground sesame seed)
- juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup Sriracha hot sauce (or more or less, depending on spicy preference)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- In a food processor or blender, add the carrots, garlic, ginger and apricots and blend until finely minced.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for water, and blend until smooth.
- Add one tablespoon of water at a time until hummus reaches desired consistency.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with additional sriracha sauce, sesame seeds and poppy seeds, if desired. Enjoy with your favorite chip, cracker, or bread or use as a spread or salad topping.
CHECK OUT OTHER FAVORITE RECIPES USING DOROT
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried cooking with Dorot? I swear it makes recipe creation so much simpler!