Strawberry Apple Oatmeal Cups
These soft, chewy, texture-filled baked strawberry apple oatmeal cups are naturally gluten-free (make sure your oats are certified GF), kid-friendly and totally customizable.
This post was sponsored by Folgers as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines concerning the use of endorsement and testimonials in advertising. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
“♪ ♫ ♬ The best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup and strawberry apple oatmeal cups on your plate. ♩ ♪ ♫” What do you think? I think it has it has a nice ring to it. 🙂
It’s sounds sooooo lovely, I think I may just enter the Folgers Jingle Contest! Okay, okay… I’ll stick to the baking and let all of you aspiring musicians out there give it a shot.
That’s right. Folgers teamed up with country music singer-songwriter Chris Young and wants all of you talented people to embrace the iconic Best Part of Wakin’ Up™ Jingle and make it your own. Find out more by watching the video below.
This is your chance – submit a video of your version of the jingle from now till February 27th. It must include the complete melody and complete lyrics of “The Best Part of Wakin’ Up is Folgers in Your Cup.” Folgers will then choose 5 semi-finalists and each will have a mentor session with Chris Young before an online vote.
From March 27th to April 24th, fans around the country will get the chance to vote daily for their favorite jingle. Every vote automatically enters you to win prizes up to $10,000. Finally, in May, one winner will be selected to win the grand prize of $25,000! WOW (cat holding face emoji)!
As for these oatmeal cups – aren’t they the cutest?
They are super moist and include both strawberries and unsweetened applesauce for a fresh, nutritious (and colorful) touch. They come together in less than 45 minutes and only require ONE bowl. They’re inspired by my two other easy morning go-to muffin cups – Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins and Banana Oatmeal Cups.
I hope you all love these muffins as much as my family does! They’re the perfect grab-n-go breakfast/snack option, and can be easily adapted with whatever fruit you have on hand. Blueberry version coming up next!
If you try this recipe, I want to know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram, because, obviously I want to see my delicious treats in your kitchen. Enjoy, friends!
Strawberry Apple Oatmeal Cups
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free as needed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites or ⅓ cup liquid egg whites from a carton
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, any milk will work
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Enjoy Life mini baking chips or any other favorite add-in, like nuts and/or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add applesauce, egg whites, vanilla extract and milk. Fold in strawberries and any other optional add-in, if using, to oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Fill muffin cups almost completely full with oatmeal mixture. The oatmeal cups will not rise. Add any extras to the top of each oatmeal cup, if desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes and until the center of each oatmeal cup is set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin pan. If you don't allow these to cool before taking them out of the muffin pan, they will fall apart. I used a knife around the sides to make removal easier. After cooling, they will set well. Store in a covered container in the fridge for about a week.
*For my extras, I added 1 tablespoon Enjoy Life Baking Chips to the tops (only) of the muffin cups.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Love these strawberry apple oatmeal cups? Try a few other oatmeal favorites!
Carrot Cake Protein Overnight Oatmeal
Chocolate Baked Oatmeal in a Mug
Something to think about….
Let’s hear it – how would you make the “Best Part of Wakin’ Up” jingle your own? Head on over to the Folgers contest site and enter to win!
I WAnt Them !!!!!
Yummy! I think that my whole family would love these!
I want loose fitting clothing for the spring and some well fitting pants.
Very charming, tasty little muffins! Love that they are healthy too.
I immediately thought of spring time when I saw the strawberries on your yummy oatmeal cups! A must-try!
Excellent way to start the day, and with a cup of coffee…pure bliss!
These seem great to have on hand for a healthy snack or breakfast option! I like to feed my kids a healthy breakfast but some mornings do not have it together enough. Something like this already made, with a smoothie and fresh fruit it a quick and great option!
It’s been a long time since I’ve made oatmeal cups. Strawberry and chocolate together are perfect. Great breakfast or snack on the go! Even better with a warm cup of coffee 🙂
Perfect for on the go! Oh and thanks for getting the jingle stuck in my head 🙂
I would like these for breakfast for sure!
These look so good!
I know how I’m spending my valentines day! x
They would make a nice pre-workout snack for me
Ok now I’ll have that song in my head all day lol! These oatmeal cups look so delicious. And healthy too! They’re wonderful treats to start the day.