Southwestern Egg Salad
Southwestern Egg Salad- a tasty Tex-Mex twist on the classic egg salad recipe that can be served as an appetizer with tortilla chips, a side dish or as a lovely stuffing for wraps and sandwiches.
The combination of Greek yogurt, avocado, onion, jalapeno and cilantro give this salad so much flavor. My family is always down for any type of Mexican spiced meal and I had some hard-boiled eggs in the fridge that needed to be used, so the Southwestern Egg Salad was born.
And I’m so glad it was! My family devoured this egg salad in about 15 minutes flat. There’s so much addicting flavor here, that you just won’t be able to get enough.
An egg salad with southwestern deliciousness… why didn’t I think of this sooner! You guys are going to be all over this egg salad. Give it a try. It’s:
quick and easy
a tasty way to use up extra Easter eggs!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs chilled, peeled and mashed or finely chopped
- 1/2 large Hass avocado
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce or other hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-large mixing bowl. I like to mash everything together with my hands. Serve on crackers, bread or in a wrap. Enjoy!
Egg salad is one of my favorite lunches. Enjoy a few other favorites!
Curried Egg Salad (one of my all-time favorite recipes)
Skinny Egg Salad (one of the most viewed recipes on the blog)
Bacon Sriracha Egg Salad (this one is pretty addicting too!)
Are you an egg salad fan? Or would you rather have chicken salad? I can’t choose… don’t even try to make me!