Skinny Strawberry Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal – both ultra decadent and dessert-like, but healthy enough for breakfast!
My all-time favorite dessert has to be cheesecake. To mock the classic tangy taste of real cheesecake in this baked oatmeal, I used yogurt. Any yogurt will do, but I went with a dairy-free variety because that’s the way I roll most of the time. 🙂 And the result was a hearty morning meal with all of the slightly tart and perfectly sweet flavor of a traditional cheesecake dessert. Oh man, this is a total win.
Skinny strawberry cheesecake baked oatmeal is the perfect dish for lazy weekends, hosting a house full of guests, or brunch, because it’s quick, easy and feeds a crowd. It’s also a great recipe for meal-prep Sundays too!
The base is very similar to my Blueberry Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal and, of course, starts with old fashioned rolled oats. Add in a few other simple dry ingredients and then toss in the sliced strawberries. I like to add my fruit in with the dry ingredients to give them a dusting of powder, which keeps them from sinking to the bottom of the bake.
Next up, the wet ingredients. The eggs provide structure and richness. Lately, I’ve been baking with Eggland’s Best eggs exclusively. Sure, I baked with them before whenever I saw them on sale but once I learned about their superior nutrition (more omega-3’s!), they are all I use.
Eggland’s Best eggs contain five times more vitamin D, 25 percent less saturated fat, more than double the Omega-3s, ten times more vitamin E and three times more vitamin B12. Eggland’s Best’s superior nutrition is due to its proprietary all-vegetarian hen feed that contains healthy grains, canola oil and a wholesome supplement of rice bran, alfalfa, sea kelp and Vitamin E. In addition, independent testing has revealed that Eggland’s Best eggs have stronger shells than ordinary eggs, which leads to less breakage and helps them stay fresher longer than ordinary eggs.
Wowsers! That’s a lot of greatness! Scroll to the end of the post for information on a fun Eggland’s Best contest!
The yogurt, almond milk and maple syrup come next and pack some serious moisture into the oatmeal and the yogurt gives it that classic cheesecake flavor. Also lending to the moist creamy texture? The plethora of strawberries. Strawberries are so juicy, sweet and vibrant – perfect in oatmeal!
I love making up a big pan of baked oatmeal and reheating it through the week for an easy ready-to-go breakfast or snack! I reheat it in the microwave (all mashed up w/ a little Stevia, maple syrup and an extra splash of almond milk – it’s ready in seconds! So creamy, delicious and satisfying!
Either way you serve it, all mashed up in a bowl or square-style on a plate – this skinny strawberry cheesecake baked oatmeal is loaded with the delicious sweet and tangy flavor of a cheesecake, while having the awesome nutritional value of a bowl of oats and added nutrients from Eggland’s Best eggs and yogurt. You guys are so going to enjoy this deliciousness and love how it fuels your morning!
The three things I love most about this recipe:
#1: It’s crazy easy to make, with very little hands-on time.
#2: It tastes ahhhh-mazing.
#3: It ridiculously low in calories. We’re talkin’ 129 calories for a serving of oatmeal that tastes like dessert. You can’t beat that!
Ooey-gooey on the inside; slightly crisp on the outside; and loaded with sweet berry flavor. Basically dessert for breakfast. Yes, please!
I’d love to know if you make this (or any!) recipe! Tag #kimscravings on Instagram and Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to the mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free if desired
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups (about 6.75 ounces and 192 grams) fresh strawberries, sliced (reserve about ¼ cup for topping your oats before baking)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (honey works too)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dairy-free yogurt*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray or grease with oil. If you would prefer your baked oatmeal thicker, use a smaller sized baking dish.
- Combine dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt) in a large bowl. Toss in sliced strawberries (reserve about ¼ cup for topping).
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl and then stir in the rest of the wet ingredients (milk, vanilla, maple syrup, yogurt).
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer oatmeal to baking dish and top with the reserved sliced strawberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite oatmeal toppers. I enjoyed my baked oatmeal with a splash of almond milk, a drizzle of maple syrup, a sprinkling of seeds and a spoonful of yogurt. I also like to add a packet of Stevia for extra sweet goodness. 🙂
**Nutritional information is calculated with the actual products I used. As the maple syrup sweetener, I used Walden Farms pancake syrup, which contains no sugar, calories or fat. For the yogurt, I used Kite Hill plain almond yogurt.
TRY MY OTHER FAVORITE BAKED OATMEAL RECIPES!
Something to think about….
Are you a dessert for breakfast fan too? Or do you prefer something a little more savory for your morning meal?
Are you a foodie who loves to photograph your meals? Visit www.egglandsbest.com/foodtography from now to April 12th, 2017 and submit two mouthwatering foodie photos of your dish that includes at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs into one of four categories – Brunch, Appetizer, Main course, and Dessert.
– (1) Grand Prize Winner: $5,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
– (4) Finalist Winners: $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
– (20) Semi-finalist Winners: A year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
Visit the Eggland’s Best website to find more information and official rules about the 2017 Eggland’s Best Foodtography Contest.
This post is sponsored by Eggland’s Best. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Kim’s Cravings going!