Gluten-Free Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
Bake these, eat these for breakfast or dessert, share these, save these all for yourself. But simply don’t pass up making them – these Gluten-Free Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies are too good to miss out on.
As I write this post, I’m sitting in bed nibbling on the last of these cookies. I don’t know whether to savor these few remaining bites and relish in how truly delicious they are or weep over their soon-to-be absence. Yes, these cookies are that good; and they’re healthy.
Simple, but definitely not boring. To keep them gluten-free, I opted for GF oats and almond meal. And what kind of cookie would they be without chocolate chips? That’s what I said…
I included some of the heartiest ingredients I know and love, making them more like a healthy snack or breakfast than a true dessert cookie. But I’m really not much of a butter-and-brown sugar type of cookie girl anyway, so these suited my fancy much more.
The spices really take these scrumptious gems to the next level. I used a new favorite find, Frontier Co-op spices. The Frontier Vietnamese Cinnamon contains 5% oil for a more rich flavor and aroma. After getting my hands on this high-quality, organic, NON-GMO cinnamon, I don’t think I can ever go back to using regular ground cinnamon again.
Frontier Co-op is all about cooking with a purpose. Kind of like this healthier sweet treat… it’s a cookie, yes, but one that you can feel good about feeding to your family. Even desserts can be nourishing!
For every bottle of Frontier Co-op there is a story. Each label shares the purpose within, for example the Organic, Fair Trade Turmeric is sourced from co-ops in Sri Lanka and the Allspice is carefully grown in Jamaica. Such a fantastic company that truly cares about being responsible to people and planet.
Oat cookies have always been my favorite and I love having healthier ones on-hand for snacks and better-for-you treats. Oats are so versatile. Whether you’re feeling something savory or sweet, they’re like a blank canvas and take on whatever flavor you’re craving. And right about now, that would be PUMPKIN everything. Is it that obvious?
Irresistibly delicious, and you won’t feel miserable and heavy after chowing down on a few. They are insanely moist and slightly dense, pack a healthy serving of nutrients thanks to both pumpkin and oats, and are just sweet enough with the addition of an extra ripe banana, a touch of maple syrup and a small (but necessary) amount of chocolate chips. You simply can’t have just one – you have to have two or three. Trust me, I tried. Didn’t work out.
So yummy, I’ve been snacking on these pumpkin breakfast cookies morning, noon and night. Take my word for it and give them a try. I’m pretty positive you’re going to adore them just as much as I do. These guys are:
Hearty & satisfying
A MUST make this fall!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- 1 small extra ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée, (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup natural salted peanut butter or almond butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free, if needed
- 1/2 cup oat flour, gluten free, if needed
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, cherries or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir together mashed banana, pumpkin, eggs, peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup until well combined.
- Add in oats, oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, chocolate chips and dried fruit; stir to combine. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to harden.
- Drop cookies by spoonfuls on prepared baking sheet. They won't expand much, so feel free to press them down, slightly, and make them as uniform as possible to ensure even baking.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. Cookies stay fresh at room temperature for 3 days in an airtight container. If they last any longer, store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
For more pumpkin goodness, try some of my other favorite recipes!
Healthy Pumpkin Spiced Rice Crispy Treats
Flourless Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Paleo Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake
Something to think about….
Have you tried any of Frontier Co-op products? What’s your favorite healthier sweet treat?
This post is sponsored by Frontier Co-op. As always, all opinions are my own.
I have a LOT of friends who would appreciate this recipe! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Thank you for the recipe Kim. I think it would be a hit with my little ones. Looks like a great lunchbox snack too.
Hope they love it!
My daughter away at college would really like these. So much yumminess inside!
I love breakfast cooked. My daughter thinks she’s getting a treat first thing in the day and I know she’s getting nutrition.
Exactly! I love sneaking in veggies!
I made these today. Yum! My whole family enjoyed them. They remind me of a moist muffin top! Thanks for this great recipe. We will definitely be making these often
Awesome! So glad you guys enjoyed them as much as we did and thanks so much for your comment!
These look so good! I have to bring a gluten free treat that is healthy to my kids school next week. These seem like a great option for me, thank you!
Hope you get a chance to give them a try and love them as much as I did! 🙂
I like the added cranberries. Yum!
For sure… and the chocolate chips!
These look awesome, yum! Frontier is my favorite brand of spices and baking goods; my entire pantry is full of them!
These ingredients look great too, all my favorites in one recipe!
Thanks so much! This was my first time trying Frontier, but it definitely won’t be my last.
These look super chewy and dense. I know I would love them!
Oh they are and I know you would love them too!