Warm Butternut Squash Feta Dip
Warm Butternut Squash Feta Dip is one of those dips that’s gone in a flash. Guaranteed! Creamy, cheesy and warm this fall-inspired app is a keeper for sure!
It’s hard to believe this dip only includes two main ingredients and can come off with so much flavor. Who knew butternut squash and feta made such a tasty combo? To add an irresistible zest, I used Simply Artisan Reserve™ Simple Seasons™ Feta Cheese. Simple Seasons is a soft, finely crumbled cheese that comes in a shakable jar. It’s wonderful for sprinkling on a variety of dishes from salad and soup to pasta and pizza. Such an easy way to add tons of flavor!
I like having Simple Seasons Feta Cheese and Blue Cheese on hand for adding just the right amount of soft, crumbled cheese to anything. It’s the first real, finely crumbled soft cheese in a convenient, no waste, shakable glass jar. By flipping one of the two lid flaps, you’re well on your way to an incredibly flavorful meal!
This Warm Butternut Squash Feta Dip requires very little hands-on time and could not be more simple. I buy my butternut squash already cubed, which really makes things easy. It’s just a matter of roasting the squash, blending all of the ingredients and then giving it all a little oven time to make the dip nice and creamy. Warm dips are the best!
I think you guys are going to LOVE this recipe! It’s:
Savory but slightly sweet too from the squash
I would suggest doubling the recipe, if you’re serving a crowd because this deliciousness didn’t last long in my house.
This dip would make the perfect side or appetizer to bring along to parties or when hosting. It can be made ahead of time and warmed up in the oven to save time. If you’re trying to imagine the flavor, it’s kind of like fall on a pita chip and who wouldn’t want that?! It’s so creamy and cheesy, I’m hooked!
What to dip with? Great question. My first choice is always pita chips, but it’s also great with toasted baguette, crackers, or veggies.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy, friends!
- 2 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 2 4.5 oz. jars Feta Cheese Simple Seasons (reserve about 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage
- pita chips/bread crackers and/or crusty bread for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Toss the squash cubes with the olive oil, garlic salt, pepper and pumpkin pie spice. Spread out on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, then toss and bake for 15 more, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees F.
- Add the squash to a food processor along with feta cheese. Blend until completely smooth and pureed. Taste and add salt, if needed. Transfer the puree to an oven safe dish. Bake the dip for about 20 minutes, or until it is warmed through. Remove the dip from the oven and stir. Top with a drizzle of oil, basil, sage and a sprinkling of feta cheese. Serve immediately with pita chips/bread, crackers and/or crusty bread.
*To keep this recipe super easy and quick, I recommend purchasing pre-cubed squash. This product is readily available in most grocery stores and located in the produce department. It may be more expensive, but in my opinion, so worth the extra cost.