Strawberry Jalapeño Brie Puffs
These Strawberry Jalapeño Brie Puffs make for a simple yet show-stopping appetizer. Store-bought pastry sheets stuffed with creamy brie and sweet, slightly spicy Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread. So easy! Especially easy to gobble up 5 at a time like it’s your JOB.
It’s about that time for holiday parties galore, and for that, you need appetizers! If I’m invited to your gathering, this is definitely the one I’m bringing.
I take my appetizers seriously. They’re essential for that true festive feeling. And it is a MUST to have something to snack on while preparing Thanksgiving dinner!
These Strawberry Jalapeño Brie Puffs require just 4 ingredients – hooray! And if you’re a fan of sweet and savory, this recipe is for you and it gets bonus points because it’s really easy to make too! It starts with pastry sheets, cut into small circles (or other similar shape, squares work too) and a light brush of egg wash. The filling is a heavenly combo of creamy brie + sweet with a kick Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread, sealed with a fork.
Before cooking, you can freeze the bites for several months. Go ahead and stash a batch in the freezer, this weekend. You’ll have one less worry when you’re stressing over the Thanksgiving menu! Plus, you’ll be ready if any hungry family members decide to pop in unannounced. 😉
I chose to use Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread because I knew the sweet & spicy would pair perfectly with the brie. (I was SO right!) There are many other flavor varieties too – triple berry, strawberry, blueberry lemon and concord grape. I’m especially thinking that the Blueberry Lemon Fruit & Honey Fruit Spread needs to land on some pancakes asap!
These Fruit & Honey Fruit Spreads, naturally sweetened with honey, are fabulous for entertaining. I’ve personally always been a fan of simply pouring the Fruit & Honey Spread over cream cheese and serving with crackers for an easy app that everyone seems to enjoy. My son’s already been requesting that one!
Once baked, the puff pastry rises like a golden cloud, and the brie melts into the pastry and fruit spread. Now, just don’t pop too many into your mouth before the guests have a chance to give them a try.
And another important tip, guys – don’t forget about them in the oven, like I did. Oops! I promise your puffs will more than likely be WAY prettier than mine!
A really easy and elegant little appetizer perfect for the holidays!
And perfect for Thanksgiving, other holiday parties and beyond!
I’d love to see these puffs in action! As always, share a picture on Instagram with the #kimscravings!
Strawberry Jalapeño Brie Puffs
For the filling:
- 3 tablespoons Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread, approximate amount
For the puff:
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 ounces brie cheese, cold
- Unfold the thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface. With a rolling pin, gently roll the pastry so that it is an even 11-inch square. With a small round biscuit or cookie cutter, cut circles out of the pastry leaving as little space as possible between each circle.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, then lightly brush each pastry. Top half of the pastry rounds with 1/4 teaspoon Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeño Fruit Spread and 1 small piece brie cheese, rind included.
- Carefully place the remaining pastry rounds on top of the brie and fruit spread, brushed egg side down. Pinch the ends closed, then gently crimp the edges with a fork to secure. Prick each pastry with a fork to allow the air to escape. Repeat with second pastry sheet.
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pastries on the prepared sheet and brush lightly with egg. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown (not as brown as mine!). Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.