Fall Harvest Naan Pizza
This rustic fall harvest naan pizza recipe features seasonal ingredients including sweet potato, apple, crisp bacon and caramelized onion. The perfect dinner for a cozy night by the fire!
When the air is crisp and the leaves start to fall, I love recipes that showcase the season’s best flavors. Pizza is a favorite anytime of the year, and it may not be the first thing to come to mind when you think fall. But it’s a terrific vehicle for delicious autumnal produce.
Pizza is just that kind of food, an all the time, every season, kind of meal. It’s adaptable, and can be topped in more ways than I can count.
The fresh summer produce may be gone, but fall brings it’s own robust, nourishing selection of pie toppings. My family absolutely loved the sweet-savory combination of the toppings in this fall harvest naan pizza.
And then there’s the Stonefire® Authentic Flatbreads. I used the Garlic Stonefire naan and it added such a wonderful flavor to the whole pizza. The flatbreads really make pizza creation so easy and quick – no need to worry about rolling out dough or waiting on it to rise.
I also so appreciate that Stonefire® Authentic Flatbreads contain no added preservatives. Most bread manufactures rely on adding artificial preservatives like calcium propionate to control the growth of mold. With Stonefire, since there are no added artificial preservatives, it is imperative that the flatbreads are date coded at the store. Be sure to check the date on your flatbread before buying. Shelf life is 7 days, however, if frozen properly directly after purchase flatbreads can be frozen up to one year.
Aside from the amazing naan bread, the secret to the deliciousness of this pizza is a tablespoon of fig jam spread over each naan. It’s then topped with apple slices and roasted sweet potato slices, bacon (of course), and caramelized onion. FALL FALL FALL—I love it, and I know you will too.
These rustic pizzas will be the best dinners for any chilly fall evening. I could even see serving slices (or small pre-cut squares) for a pre-Thanksgiving appetizer or for other fall and winter gatherings. Better double the recipe, though, these are likely to go quick.
In fact, right after pulling the pizzas from the oven (and photographing them, of course) Brad and the kids had these gone in a flash. I barely even got a bite!
I am so thrilled with how this naan pizza turned out. It’s:
Garlic-infused (from the naan)
& Incredibly tasty
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a picture #kimscravings on Instagram so we can all take a peek at your handy work. I love seeing what you come up with. Enjoy, friends!
Fall Harvest Naan Pizza
- 1 small onion, sliced very thin
- 1 small sweet potato, sliced very thin
- dash of cinnamon and salt
- 1 package Stonefire® Authentic Flatbreads, 2 naans
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 1/4 of an apple, sliced very thin (I used a honeycrisp)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese*
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon, diced (I used turkey bacon)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet. Cook onion slices at medium heat, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and place sweet potato slices on a baking sheet. Spray them with cooking spray and sprinkle salt and cinnamon over the tops.
- Roast for approximately 10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft but not too brown yet; set aside.
- Spread fig jam over naan bread and top with apple slices, sweet potato, onion and then cheddar cheese and bacon. Add parmesan cheese over all ingredients and place in the oven for about 3 mins at 400 degrees F. Then turn oven up to broil on high for an additional 1-2 minutes. Watch naan pizza closely while broiling, so it doesn't burn.
- Enjoy immediately and with a little chopped fresh parsley, if preferred.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
I found my naan bread near other bakery breads at my local Kroger.
Loving this Fall Harvest Naan Pizza? You’ll enjoy these other favorites too!
Loaded Pizza on Cauliflower Crust
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried making a naan pizza? Grab this coupon offer and give Stonefire® Authentic Flatbreads a try for yourself!
Thanks to Stonefire® Authentic Flatbreads for sponsoring this post and helping me to create the most delicious Fall Harvest Naan Pizza. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
How have I not tried this yet! Thanks for the coupon AND the awesome pizza idea!
You’re welcome, Tina! Enjoy!
This pizza looks incredible! Love that it has gourmet-like toppings, but is so simple to make! I adore the idea of using naan for the crust!
Thanks, Bethany! It was tasty for sure and I love naan too!