Quick Lo Mein Pasta
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadyPasta #CollectiveBias
Life is stressful – dinner shouldn’t be. This Quick Lo Mein Pasta recipe is my go-to for a delicious Asian stir fry meal. It’s way tastier and healthier than take-out!
This is seriously the best dish to curb any of your takeout cravings! You’re going to love how flavorful and saucy it is and you’ll never have to settle for greasy restaurant food. Plus leftovers make the perfect lunch for work or school the next day!
Obviously this particular Lo Mein dish doesn’t use typical long noodles. Instead, we’re keeping things quick and easy with Barilla Ready Pasta. This new product is beyond awesome – al dente pasta ready in 60 seconds in the microwave or 2 minutes in a skillet. No need for boiling water or draining!
So convenient – Ready Pasta is portable and doesn’t require refrigeration, making it perfect for meals on the go. I especially love that it’s made with simple non-GMO ingredients and the same quality of all Barilla pastas, with no preservatives.
Barilla Ready Pasta is available in four cuts – Gemelli was my choice, but feel free to change it up and use Rotini, Elbow or Penne.
One of my favorite things about this meal is how easy it is to customize. Swap out the shrimp for chicken or leave it out entirely for a meatless dish.
Toss in any veggies you have lingering in the fridge – I used green onion, red cabbage and a red bell pepper. Other delicious options would be carrots, bok choy and/or snow peas to give it a nice crunch.
This colorful dish is seriously the lazy cook’s dream. It comes together so fast and effortlessly which makes it perfect for busy weeknights, when we all just need a quick and tasty meal.
I know you’ll love this pasta meal as much as I do! It’s:
So fast + easy
Customizable (add your favorite protein, herbs and veggies)
And totally satisfying
If you make this dish you must take a picture and tag it ##kimscravings on Instagram!
As always, thanks for following and for supporting what I love to do. Enjoy!
Quick Lo Mein Pasta
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions, (separate green parts from white parts)
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage, (I used a bag with a mix of shredded green and red cabbage and carrots.)
- 1/2 red bell pepper,, diced
- 12 ounces to 1 pound small shrimp,, deveined and tails removed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 package Barilla Ready Pasta, (I used the Gemelli variety)
- Heat sesame oil in a large wok or skillet. Add the green onions (white parts) and vegetables to the hot pan. Stir fry until tender, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, pasta and soy sauce or liquid aminos- toss around in the hot pan to combine and continue to cook for about 5 minutes and until shrimp is fully cooked. Serve, topped with remaining green onions!
I found Barilla Ready Pasta at Walmart, conveniently located with other dry pastas.
Like this Quick Lo Mein Pasta? Check out similar favorites!
Something to think about….
Have you given Ready Pasta a try?