Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Lemon Caper Sauce
Thanks so much to Alexia Foods for sponsoring this post and helping to bring a nutritious delicious dinner to my family in under 30 minutes!
Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken is a quick, yet flavor-packed recipe topped with an easy and yummy lemon caper pan sauce. Served with my favorite Alexia Crinkle Cut Fries and roasted green beans, this family-friendly meal comes together in less than 30 minutes.
This dish looks so impressive and has the best taste, no one will guess it’s so simple. The recipe moves VERY quickly. I recommend having all ingredients out and ready to go before getting started. My family especially enjoys our prosciutto-wrapped chicken served with roasted green beans and Alexia Crinkle Cut Fries. I put my green beans and fries in the oven together before cooking the chicken. Once the chicken is done, your veggies and fries will be too. Perfection!
Alexia Fries make for an easy side with the all-natural flavors my family craves. The premium Crinkle Cut Fries I chose for this chicken dinner are roasted—never fried—and made with U.S.-grown Yukon Select Potatoes for a quality taste without the guilt! Alexia Smart Classics Fries and Potatoes with real ingredients are 98% fat-free and 100 calories per serving— straight out of your oven.
- 3 chicken breasts about 1 1/2 lbs., butterflied into 6 pieces
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour or other preferred flour
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- juice from 1/2 lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup capers drained
- Mix the flour, grated Parmesan and salt & pepper together in a shallow bowl. Wrap one slice of prosciutto around each chicken half, then dredge the chicken in the flour/cheese mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook on each side until golden brown. Remove the chicken to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add butter, chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers to the skillet. Use a spatula to scrape up the browned bits and continue to cook the sauce until it has reduced by about half. Pour sauce over the chicken and enjoy with Alexia fries and roasted green beans.
For the complete meal in under 30 minutes, roast green beans and fries together at 425 degrees F for about 25 mins. For tastier green beans, I spray them with a little cooking spray and season with a dash of my favorite seasoning salt.
Alexia Foods offers frozen potatoes, appetizers, breads and side dishes with minimal, but distinctive, real ingredients that serve-up exceptional Farm to Flavor taste–right in your kitchen. For more from recipes, tips and inspiration from Alexia online, check out AlexiaFoods.com.
Looking for other quick and easy meals that can be on your dinner table lickity-split? Check out a few other favorites from the blog!
Something to think about….
Have you tried any of Alexia Brand Fries or other foods? So good, huh? I’ve tried a wide variety of what Alexia has to offer, from breads to premium side dishes and I’m always impressed with the authentic flavors and all-natural ingredients. If you haven’t given Alexia a try, you’re missing out!