Ranch Seasoned Salmon with Creamy Ranch Sauce
Thanks so much to Alexia Foods for sponsoring this post and helping to bring a nutritious delicious dinner to my family in under 30 minutes!
Ranch Seasoned Salmon is seared to perfection and incredibly tasty thanks to my homemade ranch seasoning mix and topped with Creamy Ranch Sauce. Serve with Alexia Seasoned Waffle Cut Fries and a simple salad, this wonderful balanced meal comes together in under 30 minutes!
Although I love salmon and it’s probably my favorite fish to eat, I’m also extremely picky about the texture and taste. Believe me when I say, this Ranch Seasoned Salmon and Seared Salmon with taco seasoning are hands down my favorite salmon recipes. I’m talking better than restaurant quality!
If you’ve been burned by poorly cooked, tasteless salmon in the past, please give this recipe a try. You might just find yourself a huge salmon fan too!
Now as if that tasty salmon wasn’t good enough- how about a complete balanced meal in under 30 minutes, the whole family will love? While my favorite Alexia seasoned waffle cut fries cooked, I was able to whip up the ranch seasoning, salmon and a light simple salad. Once the fries were nice and crispy, everything was ready to go. Perfection!
My family is crazy about Alexia Sweet Potato Fries, so I decided to try out the Seasoned Waffle Cut Fries… oh my goodness… they are spectacular. They came out so crispy with the most flavorful seasoning- a simple, yet flawless blend of sea salt, pepper, onion and garlic to create an irresistible unique fry.
I have to admit, I probably dipped one too many waffle fries into the creamy ranch sauce- I just couldn’t get enough of that soft warm crunch paired with the creamy dreamy ranch sauce! By the way, you’ll definitely want extra ranch sauce for dippin’. You’ll even have extra ranch seasoning to make my homemade Greek yogurt ranch dressing for the salad.
- For the ranch seasoning mix:
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- For the ranch seasoned salmon:
- 12 ounces to 1 pound fresh salmon filets about 2 filets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix recipe above
- For the creamy ranch sauce:
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix recipe above
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayo find a brand that uses all-natural ingredients in a the health food section of your grocery store or use an additional 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- salt to taste
- Combine all seasoning mix ingredients in a small jar or bowl. Stir together or shake closed jar to fully combine.
- Rub salmon (flesh side only) with about ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and then 1 tablespoon seasoning mix (don't forget to rub down the sides of the salmon).
- In a nonstick pan, add about ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and heat to medium-high. Once pan is hot, add the salmon, flesh side down and cook for 3 minutes with lid on the pan. Flip the salmon and cook fish all the way through (uncovered), about 5 more minutes. (This timing was perfect- you don't want overcooked salmon and it will continue to cook a bit even after removed from heat.)* Set aside.
- While salmon is cooking, stir together all ranch sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- For the complete meal (pictured), preheat oven for waffle fries before mixing together seasoning mix. While you're prepping the salmon, sauce and a light salad, fries can be cooking. Everything will come together in less than 30 minutes.
*If your salmon fillets are extra thick, you may want to cook them a minute or two longer.
Alexia Foods offers frozen potatoes, appetizers, breads and side dishes with minimal, but distinctive, real ingredients that serve-up exceptional Farm to Flavor taste- right in your kitchen. For more recipes, tips and inspiration from Alexia online, check out AlexiaFoods.com.
Of possible interest– The Alexia Food Truck is bringing its Farm to Flavor experience on the road, visiting several events, stores and farmers markets to bring Alexia all-natural, gourmet-inspired sides to you! Sample some of your Alexia faves, enjoy cooking demos and discover the Alexia difference.
• Locations: St. Louis Taste Festival; St. Louis, MO
• Location: Taste of Atlanta; Atlanta, GA
Details: 9/26 (12-7 p.m.) and 9/27 (12-6 p.m.)
• Location: Great Grapes Wine, Arts and Food Festival; Charlotte, NC
• Location: Annual Apple Harvest Festival; Southington, CT (Hartford)
• Location: Head of Charles; Boston, MA
Something to think about….
Have you tried any of Alexia Brand Fries or other foods? So good, huh? I’ve tried a wide variety of what Alexia has to offer, from breads to premium side dishes and I’m always impressed with the authentic flavors and all-natural ingredients. If you haven’t given Alexia a try, you’re missing out! 🙂