Corner Bakery’s Chilled Berry Almond Swiss Oatmeal
The Corner Bakery’s Chilled Berry Almond Swiss Oatmeal is a seasonal item, but with this copycat recipe, you can enjoy this delicious swiss oatmeal year round! I also made this bowl of deliciousness healthier, so feel free to savor it as much as your little heart desires!
If you’re not familiar with swiss oatmeal, it’s cold oatmeal cereal with fruits and nuts. If you’re reluctant to try cold oatmeal, don’t be… I have friends that aren’t oatmeal fans, but love swiss oats. It’s also a really clean breakfast, perfect for those of you focused on eating nutritiously. Complex carbs like oats and fresh fruit are blended with protein-rich Greek yogurt to combine for a tasty, satisfying breakfast that will keep you going until lunchtime.
Swiss oatmeal, or sometimes referred to as overnight oats, can be prepared up to about 3 days in advance. This makes it fantastic for a make ahead grab-n-go breakfast. I like to make a couple of batches, divided into medium-sized Mason jars, on Sunday to enjoy through the week.
I used a new-to-me product to give the almond swiss oats a light honey sweetness- Nektar Honey Crystals. They deliver the rich, yummy taste of honey without the mess. They’re 100% natural, naturally gluten-free and GMO free. They can be sprinkled over oatmeal, stirred in coffee, baked in cookies and cooked up with your favorite veggies. You can find lots of yummy recipes on the Nektar Naturals website.
Copycat Corner Bakery's Chilled Berry Almond Swiss Oats (Made Healthier)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free as needed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or other nondairy milk, divided
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 mix of chopped strawberries and blueberries
- 1/4 medium banana, chopped
- 1/2 small apple, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon, s dried cranberries, craisins and/or currents
- 6 raw almonds, chopped
- sweetener to taste- I use 1 tablespoon Nektar Honey Crystals
- Combine oats, 1/2 cup almond milk, yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl or jar; mix well, cover and store in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- In the morning, add the remaining 1/4 cup almond milk and sweetener of choice and top with fruits and almonds. Perfect way to start the day!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Feel free to customize these overnight oats with whatever fruits and nuts you have on hand. Also wonderful, is stirring in almond butter or jam. To make them dairy-free, simply use a non-dairy yogurt variety and for extra fluffy oats add 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds before soaking. Enjoy!
If you love overnight oatmeal as much as I do, you’re going to want to try a couple of my other favorites!
Cherry Almond Overnight Oatmeal
Blueberry Banana Overnight Oatmeal
Something to think about….
Have you tried Nektar Honey Crystals? Are you a cold oatmeal fan?
Nektar Naturals can be found at your local Walmart and a few other stores. The pourable bottle is exclusively available at Walmart. Use the store locator to find a store near you. You can also order online here —> nektarnaturals.com/store
This post was sponsored by Nektar Honey Crystals. As always, all opinions are my own.
Made today, so delicious! So similar to corner bakery version. Thank you!
Yay! So glad you enjoyed!
I have never tried this before buy my goodness it looks delicious!