Pepperoni Pizza Party Cups
The kids and adults will love these fun, tasty Pepperoni Pizza Party Cups – an easy twist for pizza night! They are also so great for entertaining or for after school snacks!
These yummy pizza cups are not only super easy, but the whole family will go crazy for them. They start out with wonton wrappers and Italian turkey sausage for the filling. The filling is very versatile, though. You can basically do whatever you would do for a normal pizza. You can add chopped onion, mushrooms or bell pepper to the sausage. I kept mine pretty simple because I’ve got some super picky kiddos, but feel free to go crazy and change up the filling to your favorite pizza toppings.
You’ll love these for pizza night, or for hosting parties. I love serving these at any family gathering, especially when kids are over. These are a great way to change up your typical pizza night. Time to reinvent that pizza!
I hope you all LOVE these Pepperoni Pizza Party Bites! They’re:
Easy to make
Crisp on the edges
Tender in the middle
Hearty and satisfying
& Insanely delicious!
Not only are these wonderful hot out of the oven, they’re also tasty as leftovers the next day – cold or hot!
I know sometimes people have trouble finding wonton wrappers at the grocery store. Look for them in the produce section. They are refrigerated and should be near the egg roll wrappers.
Pepperoni Pizza Party Cups
- 3/4 pound uncooked spicy turkey sausage, casings removed (I used Jennie-O Hot Italian Turkey Sausage)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 ounces chopped pepperoni, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces lite shredded cheese
- Place the sausage in medium skillet and bring to medium heat. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon into smaller pieces, until sausage is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the sprayed cups in the muffin tin.
- Chop pepperoni and add most to a medium bowl (reserve some to sprinkle on top of pizza cups). With pepperoni, add pizza sauce and once sausage is cooked stir that in too.
- Using about half of the sausage mixture, spoon evenly into each wonton wrapper. Sprinkle about half of the shredded cheese evenly over the top of each cup.
- Press another wonton wrapper on top of each cup and repeat the layering steps with the remaining sausage mixture and shredded cheese. Sprinkle the reserved pepperoni on top of the completed cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes and until the wontons are golden brown and the contents are heated through. Remove the muffin baking pan from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the pan.
Want more pizza inspired recipes? This Skinny Garlic Spinach White Pizza is to die for and we love to snack on these Mini Pepper Pizzas. Check out these other great ideas from around the web: Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Dinner Then Dessert are a cross between bagel bites and pizza muffins, Mini Pizza Bites from Hip Foodie Mom use ready-made pizza dough for a kid friendly appetizer and Mini Cauliflower Pizza Bites from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen are healthier, made gluten and grain-free.
Something to think about….
Have you tried pizza bites? What’s your favorite family-friendly appetizer?