Healthy Greek Yogurt Pancakes With Blueberry Pineapple Syrup
These Healthy Greek Yogurt Pancakes With Blueberry Pineapple Syrup are light, fluffy and so good. They’re made with wholesome ingredients and then topped with a refined-sugar free blueberry-pineapple syrup, that takes these pancakes to the next level!
I teamed up with Kroger to share this yummy pancake recipe!! As always, all opinions are my own.
Starting my mornings off with a delicious breakfast is definitely a MUST for me and it doesn’t get much better than pancakes. Am I right?? Growing up pancakes were always considered such a treat – sweet and fluffy all drizzled with gooey maple syrup, I mean it was like dessert for breakfast! Well pancakes don’t have to be unhealthy and just because these aren’t loaded with sugar doesn’t mean they have to taste bad either! These Greek yogurt pancakes are one of my FAVORITE things to make my husband and I in the mornings and they are so easy!
The pancakes are great, yes, but that syrup. Oh, my! The blueberry pineapple syrup is so vibrant and tasty… makes me think of spring and summer. Spring is one of my favorite seasons, so the fact that it’s officially April definitely puts me in a GREAT mood. The only thing I’m not so fond of regarding spring is the allergies that inevitably come. That nasty pollen gets me every time.
Any fellow allergy sufferers reading? Everyone’s different but with the start of spring, I’m constantly sneezing and rubbing my itchy eyes. I know I’m not alone and I was surprised to learn that certain foods can actually make your allergy symptoms better or worse.
No food is a proven cure. But fruits and vegetables are good for your whole body. They’re full of nutrients that can keep you healthy. There are a few that may also protect you from seasonal allergies. According to Kerri-Ann Jennings, MS, RD of WebMD; onions, peppers, berries, and parsley all contain quercetin. Quercetin is a natural plant chemical that may reduce “histamine reactions” which are part of the allergic response. And pineapple has an enzyme called bromelain, which can reduce irritation in allergic diseases such as asthma. I also made these pancakes using one of my favorite pancake ingredients – Greek yogurt. The probiotics in Greek yogurt can help regulate your immune system so you’ll have fewer allergy symptoms.
So let’s talk more about the pancakes – these Healthy Greek Yogurt Pancakes With Blueberry Pineapple Syrup are sure to make your tastebuds dance and with ingredients like Greek yogurt, blueberries and pineapple they may just keep those pesky allergies at bay too. Good riddance, allergies. Good riddance.
And even if you’re lucky enough to not have to deal with allergy symptoms, you’ll still love this stack of deliciousness!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy, friends!
Light, fluffy pancakes w/ an easy blueberry-pineapple syrup will make your morning brighter!
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or 3/4 cup old fashioned oats ground into flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup protein powder (or additional oat flour)
- 2-4 packets stevia (or 1-2 tbs sweetener of choice, or to taste)
- 1/3 cup low calorie yogurt of choice
- 2 large (1/3 cup) egg whites
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar free or regular maple syrup
- Make the pancakes: In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cook the pancakes: Preheat skillet or griddle on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and pour the batter depending on a desired size of a pancake (2-3 tbsp for a medium or 1/4 cup for larger ones). Cook for a couple minutes until you see the edges turning brown and bubbles start to form on the top. Flip with a spatula and cook until browned on the other side.
- Make the syrup: Combine blueberries, pineapple juice and syrup in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve warm over pancakes!
Check out other favorite recipes with ingredients that may help prevent allergies!
Something to think about….
Do you experience allergies? What season are they the worst for you? Have you noticed eating certain foods makes them not so bad?
Visit Kroger’s Wellness Your Way website, where you can find additional wellness tips, recipes, digital tools and products to help prevent those nasty allergies!