Mushroom Spinach Chicken Dish
This Mushroom Spinach Chicken Dish is packed with tons of flavor and may just be one of the best baked chicken recipes you will ever try! It makes the perfect weeknight comfort meal that is cheesy and delicious with even tastier leftovers! Serve with veggies or a side salad for a complete meal!
If there was one recipe I could urge you to make TONIGHT….um this would be it.
You guys this Mushroom Spinach Chicken Dish is THAT good. Cheesy factor…check. Full of flavor…check. Amazing leftovers….double check! My hubby can’t stop talking about this meal! Heck, even my picky kiddos gobbled this one up! I served the chicken with a side of parmesan asparagus. One word – DELISH!
To give my chicken dish extra cheesy creaminess, I used Arla cream cheese. It’s for sure my new go-to for cream cheese! I love that the Original flavor of Arla cream cheese is made from only four simple ingredients that you can recognize: cream, skim milk, cheese culture and salt.
Arla is a farm-to-fridge dairy, so the fresh milk for their naturally delicious cream cheese comes directly from farms owned by Arla’s proud farmers. Arla cream cheese is free from artificial flavors, preservatives, thickeners and stabilizers. It also has a better nutrition profile than other common bagel spreads, so you can feel good about feeding it to your entire family. From breakfast to dinner and everything in between, Arla is the better-for-you cheese the whole family will love.
The flavors of the spinach and creamy mushrooms pair perfectly together, and you’ll end up with juicy flavor packed chicken breasts in just about 30 minutes! This chicken also makes great leftovers, and it works well with a side of your choice, or over a bed of lettuce! Yum!
As I said before, this chicken makes DELICIOUS leftovers. Honestly it might even taste better the next day after the chicken absorbs all that flavor! This recipe is great to make on a Sunday when you have a little extra time in the kitchen to give you a few lunches during the week.
Mushroom Spinach Chicken Dish
- 1.25 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Topping:
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper from a jar, diced
- 1 7 ounce tub Arla Original cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices thin cut cheese such as Arla Medium Cheddar, Fontina, Muenster, Gouda, or Havarti
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in baking dish and sprinkle each side with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and spray with cooking spray. Add in the onions and garlic, and sauté for 1-2 minutes, and until the onion starts to brown. Add in the mushrooms and 1/2 cup water. Cook until mushrooms are tender and water is cooked off, stirring occasionally (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the spinach and an additional 1/4 cup water. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until spinach is tender and the water is cooked off completely.
- Turn off heat and stir in the roasted red pepper, cream cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and flip the chicken breasts over. Divide the mushroom and spinach mixture over each chicken breast. Top each breast with a slice of cheese.
- Cook an additional 5-10 minutes (depending on thickness) and until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and enjoy with vegetables or a side of choice!