Garlic Parmesan Salmon and Asparagus
This Garlic Parmesan Salmon and Asparagus dish is a complete sheet pan supper with ONE PAN to clean! And is made extra delicious with an epic garlic parmesan crust! So easy and SUPER tasty!
I teamed up with Cavit through Honest Cooking to bring you this post. As always, all opinions are my own.
Salmon is full of health benefits, but I know many people are either intimidated to make fish at home, or they are worried their family won’t like the taste. Does that sound familiar? If so, I highly recommend that you give this recipe a try! This meal is so easy to cook up, and the parmesan garlic topping on the fish keeps the salmon moist and gives it such a great flavor. This dish is sure to please everyone!
And it definitely pleases me when served with my favorite Pinot Noir from Cavit. With one sip, you will know why Cavit is the #1 Italian wine in America. This Pinot is silky smooth with a hint of red berries. It’s earthy notes make a great match with the roasted asparagus and the acidity balances out the rich, creamy garlic parmesan topping. Such a good pairing!
Tips for this easy Garlic Parmesan Salmon and Asparagus:
1. Get a good sheet pan.
I like a large sheet pan and use one that measures 18×13 inches, with a 1-inch lip around the sides. This is not the same thing as a jelly roll pan, which is flimsier and can warp easily at high heat. I recommend buying stainless steel or aluminum pans, which are nice and sturdy and seem to last forever.
2. Aluminum foil and parchment paper are your friends.
Line the pan with either foil or parchment before cooking to help make clean-up easy! Remember: If you’re broiling, do not use parchment paper, which can catch fire. Go with the foil, and mist it with cooking spray to prevent food from sticking.
3. Experiment with your own sheet pan suppers!
Food is supposed to be fun, so don’t be afraid to switch things up and experiment on your own. Just remember to take into account the cooking times of your ingredients — pair quick-cooking proteins (thin-cut chicken breasts, fish) with quick-cooking veggies (cherry tomatoes, asparagus, etc.), and vice versa, to ensure a successful finished dish.
I hope y’all LOVE this salmon meal as much as I did! It’s:
Easy to make
BIG on flavor
& Super delicious
This would make the perfect weeknight meal when you’re craving something comforting and flavorful, yet nutritious. If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and be sure to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
This recipe is so easy, and the parmesan garlic topping keeps the salmon moist and packs it full of flavor!
- 2 4 oz salmon fillets (if frozen, let thaw before using)
- 1 bundle asparagus, washed and ends trimmed off (about 20 spears)*
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (juice from 1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese, blended in a blender**
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking pan with foil, and spray with cooking spray. Place salmon fillets on one side of the baking pan, and the asparagus on the other (you could also use two separate pans, if desired).
In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dry mixture (the parmesan and the seasonings). Lightly spray the asparagus with cooking spray and sprinkle 2 tbsp of this dry mixture over the asparagus.
- Mix the rest of the dry mix with the wet mixture (lemon juice, cottage cheese and garlic). Drizzle this mixture over the salmon, spreading it out evenly over the fish. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through (opaque in the thickest part) and the topping is starting to get lightly golden on both the fish and asparagus. Enjoy!
*Feel free to swap out the asparagus with another favorite veggie.
**Plain Greek yogurt or Ricotta cheese could also be used.
Something to think about….
Have you tried Cavit wines? What’s your favorite wine selection? Be sure to hop on over to the Cavit website and enter for a chance to win an awesome trip for two to Italy!
This post is in partnership with Cavit and Honest Cooking. Thanks for supporting Kim’s Cravings and the brands that help make this site possible!