Mexican Egg Bacon Avocado Toast
This Mexican Egg Bacon Avocado Toast is simply one of the best breakfast solutions of all time. It’s made in less than 10 min from start to finish, and is super delicious with endless options. Have you jumped on the avocado toast bandwagon? Yes? Well, enjoy my favorite avocado toast recipe idea!
Last year I discovered the wonderful world of avocado toast. I don’t know why it took me so long to try this trend, but I’m so glad that I did! Avocado toast is absolutely delicious. It’s my go-to for a quick and easy healthy breakfast. I love that it’s so versatile and can be topped with a variety of ingredients.
Let’s talk about my Mexican Egg Bacon Avocado Toast. It starts with the new, thick-sliced Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread. You guys are going to love the now softer texture and fresh from the oven taste. From toast creations to sandwiches, Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread is my go-to. Not only is this bread beyond tasty, there are no added colors or flavors from artificial sources. There’s also no high fructose corn syrup to worry about.
You can pretty much top your toasted Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread with any of your favorite Mexican-inspired ingredients for a yummy breakfast, lunch or snack. But read below for my tips on recreating my favorite Mexican Egg Bacon Avocado toast!
TIPS FOR EASY DELICIOUS MEXICAN BACON AVOCADO TOAST:
- Buy pre-made Pico de Gallo. This can often be found in the produce department of the grocery store.
- Make and crumble bacon the night before.
- Make avocado mash the night before. Store in the fridge and drizzle with lime or lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Be sure Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread is nice and toasty. I push mine down twice in the toaster.
- Change up the toppings to include your favorites. Options are endless!
A delicious Mexican twist on the beloved avocado toast!
- 2 slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 large eggs or 1 large egg and 1/3 cup carton egg whites
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pico de Gallo and Feta cheese for topping
This recipe comes together very quickly. Get everything out and ready!
While bacon is cooking over medium-high heat, toast bread, scramble eggs and make avocado mash.
To make avocado mash; cut avocado in half lengthwise, take out seed and scoop avocado out of peel with a spoon. Use a fork to mash the avocado. Add paprika, garlic powder and salt. Taste and add more seasoning as needed.
Once everything is ready; top bread with avocado mash, scrambled egg, bacon, Pico de Gallo and Feta.
*Change it up by frying your eggs instead of scrambling. **For a vegetarian option leave out the bacon. ***For a dairy-free option leave out the Feta.
Something to think about….
Have you tried Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread? It’s available at select locations. Use this store locator, to find it in your area.
What are your own favorite ways to top avocado toast?