Pizza Stuffed Chicken With Mashed Cauliflower
Pizza Stuffed Chicken With Mashed Cauliflower is a complete family-friendly meal with all the delicious flavors of pizza, but with extra protein from the chicken, and none of the empty calories/carbs from the crust!
This post is sponsored by Alexia.
If your family loves pizza as much as mine does, you guys are in for a real treat! These pizza stuffed chicken breasts are going to knock your socks off!!! I took all the amazing things about pizza, (the sauce, the cheese, the pepperoni, the spices) and stuffed them in a chicken breast! Add a side salad or veggies and Alexia Foods Mashed Cauliflower and you’ve got yourself a quick and easy complete meal the whole family will gobble up.
I’m absolutely loving pairing some of my favorite entrees, like this pizza stuffed chicken, with Alexia Foods Premium Sides. They offer lots of starch alternatives that are lighter on the carbs but heavy on the flavor. I whipped up the rich, creamy, delicious Mashed Cauliflower with Butter and Sea Salt to really make this meal shine.
All of the new Premium side dishes from Alexia are Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten-Free, and contain organic dairy. My son is on a gluten-free diet, so the fact that all of the Premium sides are gluten-free is so awesome. But let me tell you, they in no way taste like they’re missing anything. My whole family really enjoyed the Mashed Cauliflower. It’s creamy without a weigh-you-down denseness you find in more starchy sides like mashed potatoes. And I can’t wait to try the Butternut Squash Risotto next!
These new sides are so super helpful in the kitchen because that they don’t require additional ingredients to prep, they come ready to cook, and they can be ready in less than 10 minutes! For busy weeknights, I like to have the pizza stuffed chicken ready to pop in the oven and then while my chicken is cooking, I can be prepping the mashed cauliflower and any other veggie I choose to enjoy.
I hope you get a chance to give this whole meal a try and your family adores it just as much as mine did. Yep, this one will be a happening again very soon! It’s:
Easy to make
BIG on flavor
& Super delicious
This one’s a crowd-pleaser for sure! The perfect weeknight meal when you’re craving something comforting and flavorful, yet healthy.
A low-carb, easy, tasty chicken recipe that the whole family will love!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin or thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup low sugar pizza or pasta sauce + 1/4 cup sauce for topping
- 12 turkey pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray (this makes for easy clean up!) Lay thinly sliced or pounded thin chicken out on prepared baking sheet.
- To make the stuffing, mix together mozzarella, pizza sauce, and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Spread mixture out evenly over chicken breasts. Roll up each chicken breast, and place seam side down on baking sheet. Pour remaining pizza sauce over the top of the chicken breasts, and place 3 pepperonis on top of each chicken breast.
Bake for 30-35 min, or until chicken is cooked through, (when chicken is no longer pink in the middle). Enjoy with a side salad or veggies and Alexia Foods Mashed Cauliflower!
Pin it and share:
Something to think about….
Have you tried Alexia Foods Premium Sides? You can find an assortment of flavors and varieties at your local grocery store. I grabbed mine up at my Kroger family store. Visit Alexiafoods.com for more inspiration!