Strawberry Spinach Chicken Salad Wrap
This Strawberry Spinach Chicken Salad Wrap is simple to make and so perfect for lunch!
I teamed up with Kroger to share this tasty chicken salad wrap recipe and the new OptUP app!! As always, all opinions are my own.
All of my favorite ingredients that get a great score from Kroger’s new mobile app, OptUP, are packed into a low-carb wrap. Fresh spring greens, juicy strawberries, crunchy almonds, chicken, and feta cheese come together with amazing flavor.
I’m always looking for tasty recipes to create that help me get my protein, carbs, fruits, and vegetables in for every meal. And this wrap has everything in it and tastes incredible! Quite possibly, the best wrap I’ve ever had! As an added plus, it was super easy to throw together this healthy wrap, especially since I tracked all of the ingredients, online, through OptUP. The photo, below, is what it looks like when downloading the app.
Have you had a chance to try OptUP? Seriously a total game changer for us busy moms looking to use more nutritious ingredients! It’s like your virtual assistant for healthier shopping. With OptUP, you will be able to take advantage of thousands of products rated on overall nutrition, which will help you find better-for-you products. In addition, you are given recommendations based on current purchases. I love this because it gives me so many new ideas of things to try that might be more nutritious.
Each food item is given a score. Your goal is to buy more of the nutritious items that have a score of 71 or greater. These are better-for-you foods. These foods are lower in saturated fat, sodium, sugar and calories, and may be higher in fiber, protein or ingredients like fruits, nuts and vegetables.
The household score will allow you to see how you’ve been doing over the past 8 weeks in comparison with the target. Your household score will go up and down depending on your purchases and it will show you how you can make improvements over time. So cool!
Take a look at the video below for a great explanation of the way OptUP works from the director of nutrition at Kroger.
Now let’s use all of these wholesome ingredients to make a satisfying, tasty lunch!
Tips for making your Strawberry Spinach Chicken Salad Wrap:
- Pan fry your wrap, if you have time, so you get a delicious crunch.
- Use leftover chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken to make this meal come together even quicker.
- Change it up by adding bacon, avocado or dried cranberries.
- Keep your strawberries fresher longer by keeping them cold and dry. Arrange the berries (without washing or removing the stems) on a paper towel-lined tray and cover with plastic wrap; then refrigerate. Before eating or using them, wash the berries under cool water and then remove stems.
- For meal prep, make your salad the night before. If you’re taking it to work for lunch, store the salad separate from the wrap.
- Ditch the wrap, if you’d like. This Strawberry Spinach Chicken Salad is super delicious simply eaten as a salad!
The perfect light and fresh lunch! Stuffed with juicy strawberries, chicken, and feta cheese, these wraps are sure to be one of your new favorite go-to meals!
- 2 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet stevia or other preferred sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups spinach or greens of choice
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded or diced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, halved or diced
- 1/3 cup fat free crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons sliced or chopped almonds
- 2 tortillas or wrap bread of choice
- To prepare dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a small mason jar or sealed container. Shake until well combined. (You could also use 2 tbs of your favorite dressing).
- Place the spinach, chicken, strawberries, feta, and onion in a medium bowl. Drizzle dressing over everything and toss to combine. Layer the wraps with the filling, wrap up and enjoy!
*To make vegan, leave out the feta and chicken. **To make dairy-free, leave out the feta. ***Use a gluten-free wrap, as needed.
If you love this Strawberry Spinach Salad Wrap, try other favorite wrap recipes:
- Southwest Chicken Salad Wrap
- Chicken Ranch Wraps from Gimme Delicious
- Southwestern Wrap from Jo Cooks
- Tangy Veggie Wrap from Hurry the Food Up
Something to think about….
Have you tried the new OptUP mobile app from Kroger? Give it a try, today, and be entered to win a $100 Kroger gift card! Simply download the app (Apple Store and Google Play), take the OptUP quiz and share your score in the comments.