Healthy Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
Super chewy, slightly crispy and made a little healthier – guys I can’t stop eating these Healthy Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats. Seriously, the BEST rice crispy treat EVAH!
Raise your hand if you love rice crispy treats. Raise your hand if you love a good chocolatey hazelnut spread. Raise your hand if love easy, no bake recipes. If you didn’t raise your hand, WHO ARE YOU? (Seriously, who are you?)
You guys have been loving on my Healthy Pumpkin Spiced Rice Crispy Treats. Who wouldn’t?! They’re simple, gluten-free, vegan and super yummy.
This recipe is still so easy, addicting and maybe even slightly more delicious. Instead of peanut butter, it’s infused with creamy, dreamy, heavenly Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread! Nutella will totally work too, if that’s all you have on-hand.
You guys!! I cannot get enough of the deliciousness of Chocmeister. It’s the most luscious hazelnut spread I’ve ever tasted and it even has 25% less sugar than the leading brand with double the protein. And it takes the rice crispy treat to the next level. Wowsers!!
My whole family is in love with these chocolate rice crispies. What’s there not to love? I know you’ll love them too! They’re:
Easy to share
Dangerously addicting (in a good way!)
Moms, if you make these for your kiddos they will love you 20x more than they already do. Ladies, make these for your friends or significant other and you will be hugged. Kids, make these for your mom and she may just cry with joy. I can’t wait to see your version, so be sure and tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal I used gf brown rice crispies
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread*
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup**
- Line an 8x8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add rice crispy cereal and set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt milk chocolate hazelnut spread with brown rice syrup, vanilla and salt until very smooth and drippy. Remove from heat and pour the mixture into the rice crispy cereal and mix well.
- Pour rice crispy mixture into the lined pan and, using slightly damp hands, press firmly into place.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Treats should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and will stay fresh for about 2 weeks.
*Nutella will totally work too, if that's all you have on-hand.
**Honey or maple syrup can be used, however these are less sticky and I've found brown rice syrup works best.
Love these healthy chocolate rice crispy treats, see similar recipes below!
Something to think about….
This post is sponsored by Peanut Butter & Co. As always, all opinions are my own.