Easy Single-Serve Apple Crumble Bowls
A sweet and comforting recipe for Easy Single-Serve Apple Crumble Bowls, that’s so perfect for fall.
These apple crumble bowls could not be more fabulous when you’re craving an apple pie, crisp or crumble but don’t actually want to make a whole pie (namely the crust).
After using these cute as can be taco boats for chicken fajita burrito bowls, my mind was swirling with other fun uses for this greatness. I have tons of ideas for salad bowl recipes, but you guys know that I have kind of a large sweet tooth. When it speaks, I listen!
So, here you have it – the best way to get your apple fix in less than 30 minutes! These guys might be even tastier with a dollop of vanilla ice cream, whipped topping or even a drizzle of caramel sauce. Can you imagine the deliciousness?!?!
I hope you all love these apple crumble bowls as much as my family did! They’re:
Quick to make
& Insanely delicious
Consider this the perfect dessert to welcome fall and make good use of all those apples. Because it comes together so quickly, it would be totally suitable for weeknights, but is special enough to be reserved for weekends or hosting as well.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy, friends!
- 4 Old El Paso Taco Boats
- For the apple filling:
- 2 apples diced (or one very large apple, I used 1 honeycrisp apple that was 310 grams)
- 2 tablespoons flour whole wheat, spelt, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar coconut sugar or regular brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the topping:
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional garnish: whipped cream topping ice cream or caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and place taco boats on a baking sheet, set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium to high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine apple filling ingredients.
- Transfer apple filling ingredients to skillet and, stirring occasionally, cook over medium heat until soft and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix topping ingredients.
- Once apples are soft, evenly spoon them into taco boats (about 1/2 cup apple mixture in each boat). Evenly spoon on topping (about 1/4 cup topping in each boat) and bake boats for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and enjoy with your favorite topping!
*If following a gluten-free diet, simply use ramekins rather than taco boats. Also, be sure to use gluten-free flour and oats.
Find amazing deals on Old El Paso Taco Boats, going on now!
On the lookout for other yummy apple recipes, check out other favorites!
Pin these yummy apple crumble bowls!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite fall dessert? Have you tried these handy taco boats? How did you use them?