Slow Cooker Plum Applesauce
Slow Cooker Plum Applesauce is an easy sweet treat, perfect for Baby, Mom… or Gigi! Will’s favorite food is applesauce and he loved the addition of plum to make things pretty pink and ridiculously tasty.
For those of you who are new readers or may have missed me talking about his birth, Will is my grandson and yes, I AM too young to have a grandchild. He was born on Halloween morning and growing like a weed. He is a very happy baby, always smiling and on-the-go.
He’s especially on the move when we’re trying to change his diaper. I think we need a straight jacket for this kid! As with all of my three children, his mama uses Huggies Little Snugglers to keep his little bottom clean and dry. The wetness indicator, a color-changing line down the center of the diaper, is super convenient to let us know when it’s time to change Baby Will.
Can you believe he’s already pulling up at 6 months old? I wasn’t kidding when I said he was always on the go. Notice how Huggies Little Snugglers are designed with a pocketed waistband to help keep the mess inside the diaper. Definitely a good thing!
Will’s a big fan of Huggies Little Snugglers too! Not only is he a mover and a shaker, he also loves to put anything and everything into his mouth.
I may be a little partial, but Will has got to be the cutest baby ever! And I love how Huggies Little Snugglers have softer breathable outer cover and lets his beautiful skin breathe. His skin is protected, too, because Huggies diapers are fragrance and lotion free.
Will is such a good little eater and he’s especially fond of applesauce. I decided to add a twist to the classic applesauce recipe by using plums and apples. Will liked that idea!
Apples and plums make a delightful combination and they’re naturally sweet, so you won’t need to add any sugar… or any other ingredients for that matter.
Naturally sweet healthy homemade applesauce- why haven’t I tried this before?!?! Not only can Will enjoy this slow cooker plum applesauce, but it would be a wonderful addition to oatmeal, muffins and pancakes.
Slow Cooker Plum Applesauce
- 3 lbs. organic apples and plums*
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional: 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon**
- Prepare the apples and plums by slicing and coring them– no need to peel, as you'll be blending the mixture.
- Place the fruit and water in the bowl of your slow cooker, then cover and set to cook on on high for 4 hours (or low for 6 hours), until the apples are very soft.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the fruit or transfer fruit to a blender and blend slowly. Careful not to overblend, the fruit will become soupy very quickly if you're using a high-speed blender.
- Store plum applesauce in the fridge for a week, or freeze for up to 6 months. For baby, use an ice cube tray or small snack baggie to portion out plum applesauce before freezing.
**Feel free to add cinnamon to slow cooker before cooking, however, for young babies it is not recommended.
Enjoy Slow Cooker Plum Applesauce in a few of my favorite recipes!
Something to think about….
What type of diaper does your baby use? If you haven’t tried using Huggies Little Snugglers, you should definitely check them out. Click here to save $2 on Huggies Little Snugglers at Kroger now through 5/30, while supplies last!
Have you ever tried making your own applesauce? It’s so easy and so yummy!